Author Topic: Caught in 'the green beam': How US Air Force gunship crews let a target know they have it in their s  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Caught in 'the green beam': How US Air Force gunship crews let a target know they have it in their sights
Story by insider@insider.com (Stavros Atlamazoglou) • Yesterday 7:37 AM

The US Air Force's AC-130 gunship has a reputation for delivering firepower to the battlefield.

Two AC-130Js used a more subtle tool to aid US forces on the ground during the evacuation of Kabul.

As US troops and their partners withdrew, the gunships kept watch with their "green beams."
The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have killed at least 500,000 people, according to a report that breaks down the toll

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have killed at least 500,000 people, according to a report that breaks down the toll

In the 76 countries in which the US is currently fighting terrorism, at least three have been incredibly deadly: Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

And as the US pullout from Afghanistan nears the one year mark, Brown University's Costs of War Project report details just how deadly they've been. It counts how many people have been killed by the "United States' post-9/11 wars" in these three countries, along with others.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/caught-in-the-green-beam-how-us-air-force-gunship-crews-let-a-target-know-they-have-it-in-their-sights/ar-AA14P2zV?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=827086f4144544ffb6ebe22cab7fe1f0
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 12:10:20 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson