Author Topic: Indonesia set to punish sex before marriage with jail time  (Read 405 times)

Offline libertybele

Indonesia set to punish sex before marriage with jail time
« on: December 02, 2022, 07:39:11 pm »

Indonesia's parliament is expected to pass a new criminal law this month that will punish sex outside marriage with imprisonment of up to a year.

Bambang Wuryanto, a politician involved in the draft, said the code could be passed as early as next week.

The law, if passed, would apply to Indonesian citizens and foreigners alike.

Punishment for adultery can only take effect if there are parties who lodge complaints to the authorities.

For those who are married, the party entitled to lodge a complaint is the perpetrator's husband or wife.

The law also allows the parents of unmarried people to report them for having sex.

Cohabitation before marriage will also be banned and those convicted could face a six-month prison sentence.

Business groups have expressed concern about the damage the rules might do to Indonesia's image as a holiday and investment destination, according to Reuters.

Shinta Widjaja Sukamdani, deputy chairperson of Indonesia's Employers' Association (APINDO), said: "For the business sector, the implementation of this customary law shall create legal uncertainty and make investors reconsider investing in Indonesia."

The previous draft of the code was set to be passed in 2019 but sparked nationwide protests with tens of thousands taking part in demonstrations....................

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63838213
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Re: Indonesia set to punish sex before marriage with jail time
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 12:31:11 am »

Indonesia's parliament is expected to pass a new criminal law this month
that will punish sex outside marriage with imprisonment of up to a year.

Or they could just force them to get married.
That's a life sentence!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 02:13:13 am »

Or they could just force them to get married.
That's a life sentence!

That's right. The only difference between martial law and marital law is the order of a couple of letters.  :smokin:
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 12:51:19 pm »
That's right. The only difference between martial law and marital law is the order of a couple of letters.  :smokin:

:beer:

I'm praying for the end of time
It's all that I can do
Praying for the end of time
So I can end my time with you
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.