Author Topic: Minneapolis Will Pay $600,000 To Protesters For Injuries Sustained In 2020 George Floyd Demonstratio  (Read 584 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Minneapolis Will Pay $600,000 To Protesters For Injuries Sustained In 2020 George Floyd Demonstrations

Trevor Schakohl
Legal Reporter
December 01, 2022 6:15 PM ET

A federal court Wednesday approved Minneapolis, Minnesota’s agreement to pay 12 protesters a combined $600,000 for injuries sustained during 2020 demonstrations over George Floyd’s murder.

The agreement settled a lawsuit brought by American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota (ACLU-MN) on the protesters’ behalf, and bars Minneapolis from arresting or using physical force including chemical agents against people demonstrating legally, according to a Wednesday ACLU-MN press release. The Minnesota U.S. District Court’s injunction concluding the lawsuit Wednesday mandates body-camera recordings for Minneapolis officers deployed to protests and limits their use of chemical agents for peaceful protest dispersion.

“Tear gas, foam bullets and pepper spray became weapons for intimidating and hurting protesters, making it dangerous for people to exercise their First Amendment rights,” ACLU-MN Legal Director Teresa Nelson said. “We hope this settlement sends a message to law enforcement across Minnesota that this violation of our constitutional rights will not be tolerated.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/12/01/minneapolis-dollars-lawsuit-protesters-police/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I have no words   888mouth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

And will the protestors pay for the damage they caused?

Offline libertybele

I have no words   888mouth

I have words and many aren't going to like what I have to say.  Trump should have stepped in and stopped the riots when they first began just like they stepped in and stopped the riots in Detroit in the '60s. He stood with his hands on the Bible at St. John's church which had been vandalized and stated that he would stop the rioting.  He did nothing. Things continued to escalate and he again stated that he would stop the riots. Nothing was done and his bluff was called. Politically some said that he would lose the election should he act. Well, he lost the election anyways and here we sit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
They get kisses, we get kicks.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele posts:
"I have words and many aren't going to like what I have to say.  Trump should have stepped in and stopped the riots when they first began just like they stepped in and stopped the riots in Detroit in the '60s."

This is what I advocated back in early 2020, during the floyd/antifa uprisings, that Mr. Trump should have "sent in the troops" with orders to use whatever force was required to put down the riots.

And I was castigated here by others for saying so.
If Mr. Trump had done that, quickly and without quibbling about it, he'd still be president today.