Author Topic: Dramatic Recovery in Global Sea Ice Confounds the Net Zero Catastrophists  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dramatic Recovery in Global Sea Ice Confounds the Net Zero Catastrophists
BY CHRIS MORRISON 28 NOVEMBER 2022 4:59 PM

It’s a mystery. Why has Arctic sea ice cover roared back so quickly over the last few years? Nobody knows – not one scientist on the planet can tell you, writes Willis Eschenbach in a short essay on the climate site Watts Up With That? It might be noted, of course, that there was no shortage of explanations when there was a cyclical downturn, mostly to do with humans having something to do with it. Ice melting at the Poles is still one of the crucial supports for the entire command-and-control Net Zero political agenda.

The above graph shows changes in Arctic sea ice cover during the satellite era. Values are anomalies from the 1991-2020 average. Eschenbach notes that since around 1990, people have been talking about how human-emitted carbon dioxide is reducing the amount of Arctic sea ice. When it started dropping very fast, there was talk we’d passed a ‘tipping’ point from which the ice would never recover. Over this time, noted Eschenbach, predictions of an ice-free Arctic ocean abounded.

Old habits die hard. Despite the impressive recent ice recovery, talk of these tipping points – mostly an invention of so-called ‘attribution’ computer models – are ubiquitous. In his recent Frozen Planet II agitprop series for the BBC, Sir David Attenborough made a number of model-produced references to the Arctic being free of summer sea ice by 2035.

According to Eschenbach, there are more mysteries down in Antarctica.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/11/28/dramatic-recovery-in-global-sea-ice-confounds-the-net-zero-catastrophists/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Dramatic Recovery in Global Sea Ice Confounds the Net Zero Catastrophists
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 02:58:23 pm »
It doesn't "confound" any of those morons.

It's just an "inconvenient truth" that they'll either ignore or bull$hit their way through.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online roamer_1

Re: Dramatic Recovery in Global Sea Ice Confounds the Net Zero Catastrophists
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 03:02:09 pm »
It doesn't "confound" any of those morons.

It's just an "inconvenient truth" that they'll either ignore or bull$hit their way through.

At the very least, THAT they are confounded tells you all you need to know.  :whistle:
There is no fig leaf in that...