Author Topic: Another New Study Indicates Polar Bears Benefit From Sea Ice Loss Due To Enhanced Prey Accessibility  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another New Study Indicates Polar Bears Benefit From Sea Ice Loss Due To Enhanced Prey Accessibility
By Kenneth Richard on 1. December 2022

Share this...
Polar bear populations are stable to increasing with improved body condition in the 21st century.
The alarmist narrative that says polar bears are threatened by sea ice losses is strongly at odds with real-world observations.

A new study assesses the body condition of polar bears in the Gulf of Boothia – an immense 67,000 km² study region in Canada – has vastly improved in the last decades.

The recent thinning ice in this region seems to have “facilitated a short-term boost in hunting opportunities for bears,” and declining ice thickness and extent “may be partly responsible for the observed improvement in body condition of GB bears.”

The subpopulation of polar bears in this region is considered “stable to likely increasing.”

https://notrickszone.com/2022/12/01/another-new-study-indicates-polar-bears-benefit-from-sea-ice-loss-due-to-enhanced-prey-accessibility/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson