Author Topic: EPA quadruples its carbon 'social cost' claim  (Read 439 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
EPA quadruples its carbon 'social cost' claim
« on: December 02, 2022, 01:01:25 am »
WND 12/1/2022

Regulatory change means higher costs for … just about everything

Back in Barack Obama’s day, “green” agenda activists determined that the “social cost” of a ton of carbon emissions was $51.

Now, just a few years later, the Environmental Protection Agency insists that’s $190.

”The figure isn’t just hypothetical. If enacted, it could affect everything from the cost of methane regulations and tailpipe emissions to the ‘climate reparations’ that President Joe Biden has committed the United States to paying to poor countries in the future,” explains a report from Just the News.

The publication says the EPA’s maneuver to redefine the cost is creating “future impact for Americans’ wallets and a new headache for the oil and gas industries.”

Just the News said the EPA’s maneuver “has sent shockwaves through the energy industry and raised the stakes for ongoing litigation being brought by Republican attorneys general in states like Louisiana that are challenging the Biden administration Social Cost of Carbon rulemaking as unconstitutional.”

The change would hit consumers hard, increasing the prices of everything from dinner on the table to fuel to run a furnace.

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/12/report-epa-quadruples-carbon-social-cost-claim/

Offline LMAO

Re: EPA quadruples its carbon 'social cost' claim
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 01:20:51 am »
This is only going to end when these ideologues are gone
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 05:59:18 pm »
Like the taxes placed on British Operators in the North Sea, this will only crush the consumers as companies try to pass these expenses on, then the companies trying to provide energy.

For many Americans, especially in the climate zone I am in, this energy is a matter of life or death. Additionally, there is no mass transit to speak of, and walking even a few blocks in inclement winter weather can be fatal. (one person I knew made it to her doorstep, where she froze to death).

The EPA should have been not only downsized, but perhaps shuttered years ago. Rivers no longer catch fire, but they have been seriously polluted by agency activities. Giving such an agency the power to tax, far removed from Constitutional revenue measures, is a danger to the health and safety, physical and economic of the republic.

Has anyone determined the "social cost" of an electric vehicle (mining, manufacturing, operation, disposal)?
I thought not.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 06:00:49 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 09:59:20 pm »
LMAO:
"This is only going to end when these ideologues are gone"

Agreed, but...
... what is it going to take to make them "gone"...?

Once more:
Is it time yet for that New Continental Congress...?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 10:02:44 pm »
:facepalm2: