Author Topic: Our Lying Idiot Media Really Is That Dumb  (Read 366 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Our Lying Idiot Media Really Is That Dumb
« on: December 01, 2022, 04:23:23 pm »
As stupid as you think the media is, it’s even worse.
December 1, 2022 by Daniel Greenfield 14 Comments

Broke-ness follows wokeness because it’s invariably the incompetent, lazy, corrupt and otherwise failed institutions that radicalize to avoid doing their jobs. From the federal government to corporate monopolies to financial gimmicks like FTX to the media to massive charities, institutional wokeness is a red flag that an organization is incompetent or a scam.

As a rule of thumb, the less innovative and functional an organization is, the more likely it is to disguise its innate worthlessness through virtue signaling. Executives go woke when they have no idea how to move a company forward. Employees who don’t want to do their jobs descend into identity politics and demand that the company reflect their values. Those values, apart from all the right racial and sexual politics, will eventually come down to not doing their jobs.

The top generals and admirals in the military have gone woke because they have no idea how to win wars anymore. And there are fewer consequences for declaring a ‘war on hate’ and failing than for losing a war against China or 7th century savages with rocket launchers.

And then there’s the media.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/our-lying-idiot-media-really-is-that-dumb/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Our Lying Idiot Media Really Is That Dumb
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 04:25:07 pm »
I would guess the media has stupidized the news with the financial backing of China.
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 05:19:26 pm »
Ideology is the bas***d half-brother of religion, and the woke Leftist kind requires complete unquestioned obedience to maintain one's holy and sanctified position. So they all herd and follow like lemmings.

Otherwise you are purged. Wokeness tries to create an artificial reality against all science, facts, and common sense, and to us normals it looks like vapid, eye gouging stupidity. But it's really a cult mentality.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 05:48:02 pm »
The media aren't stupid, they're complicit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 06:56:20 pm »

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 09:38:10 pm »
Not just complicit, but lazy. I saw one of those clickbait type articles about neat things people had found, and they had an image of a B-25 for the B-17 that had been found, and a claimed bit of recovered medieval treasure pictured sported a brilliant cut diamond in the setting, both glaring errors.
How dumb do they think we are? Or, perhaps more correctly, how dumb are they?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis