Author Topic: Pentagon: Chinese Navy to Expand to 400 Ships by 2025, Growth Focused on Surface Combatants  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Pentagon: Chinese Navy to Expand to 400 Ships by 2025, Growth Focused on Surface Combatants

By: Sam LaGrone
November 29, 2022 6:28 PM • Updated: November 29, 2022 8:16 PM

China is building more modern surface combatants and expanding its aircraft carrier and logistics force to grow its naval influence further from shore, according to the Pentagon’s annual report on Chinese military power.

By 2025, the People’s Liberation Army Navy is expected to grow to 400 hulls, up from its fleet of 340, according to the Pentagon’s annual China military report estimates released on Tuesday.

“The PLAN is an increasingly modern and flexible force that has focused on replacing its previous generations of platforms that had limited capabilities in favor of larger, modern multi-role combatants,” reads the report.
“As of 2021, the PLAN is largely composed of modern multi-role platforms featuring advanced anti-ship, anti-air, and anti-submarine weapons and sensors.”

The report, which sums up Chinese military developments in 2021, pegs the growth to the PLAN adding more major surface combatants. The ship total dipped last year from 355 due to a transfer of more than 20 older corvettes to the China Coast Guard.

https://news.usni.org/2022/11/29/pentagon-chinese-navy-to-expand-to-400-ships-by-2025-growth-focused-on-surface-combatants
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 03:27:29 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
While the US Navy continues to cut it's strength!? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

While the US Navy continues to cut it's strength!? :shrug:

Yes, but the Navy will have a full complement of pronouns, and the queers to go with them!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Yes, but the Navy will have a full complement of pronouns, and the bleep to go with them!

Let us not forget it will be well read on CRT and gay rights.
Thomas Jefferson