Author Topic: Macron arrives at the White House for first state visit of the Biden administration  (Read 1468 times)

Online mountaineer

Macron arrives at the White House for first state visit of the Biden administration
by Maegan Vazquez, CNN
Updated 9:33 AM EST, Thu December 1, 2022
US President Joe Biden is taking part in a flurry of events as part of his first state visit since taking office, welcoming the arrival of French President Emmanuel Macron and his spouse, Brigitte Macron, on Thursday.

The Macrons’ trip to the White House marks their second time as the guests of honor for a state visit, having first done so during Donald Trump’s administration in 2018. Thursday’s agenda is filled with formal fanfare, with a list of events expect to highlight the strength of the critical relationship between the US and its oldest ally.

The Macrons arrived at the White House for a formal arrival ceremony on Thursday morning.  ...

The Macrons return for another state visit also follows a dramatic bounce-back in US-French relations compared to just a year ago, when Macron took the extraordinary step of recalling his ambassador to Washington over a US-Australia submarine deal that blindsided the French and cost them a multi-billion dollar defense contract. The riff appears to largely be behind them, and Biden and Macron have deepened their ties even more over the last year in their united efforts to combat Russia’s war on Ukraine.  ...
CNN

Catturd ™
@catturd2
Pretty nice of Macron to take his mother and grandparents out for dinner.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

See my previous post on the poached lobster for dinner here

Online mountaineer

Biden calls Revolutionary War French General Marquis de Lafayette "Marcus de Lafayette."

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1598327183289769985

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Biden calls Revolutionary War French General Marquis de Lafayette "Marcus de Lafayette""  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1598327183289769985

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden calls Revolutionary War French General Marquis de Lafayette "Marcus de Lafayette."

Well, it could have been worse.  He could have confuse him with Marquis de Sade. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

I hope she isn't wearing this spider dress to the state dinner.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I hope she isn't wearing this spider dress to the state dinner.

I wonder whst has her looking so pissed off.  :pondering:

Online mountaineer

Life.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Speaking of tonight's State Dinner -----

Online Right_in_Virginia

'BIDEN: "I have no immediate plans to contact Mr. Putin. [...] I'm prepared if he's willing to talk, to find out what he's willing to do, but I'll only do it in consultation with my NATO allies. I'm not going to do it on my own."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1598400616992309269

Online Right_in_Virginia

Jill's moment has finally arrived .....

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
"Biden calls Revolutionary War French General Marquis de Lafayette "Marcus de Lafayette""

:silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That's a huge guest list, no wonder they needed 200 lobsters at our expense btw.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Ooh la la! Biden's first state dinner brings out glamour and guests galore
Politico, Dec 1, 2022

Early arriving guests included late-night TV host — and Batiste’s former boss — Stephen Colbert and “Veep” actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus, who was asked by reporters as she was walked by whether she had ever attended a state dinner before. (She had!)

Others on the guest list included journalists Robin Roberts, Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough; and lawmakers such as House minority leader Kevin McCarthy and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. It also included celebrity power couple John Legend and Chrissy Teigen; Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour; actress Jennifer Garner and her daughter, Violet Affleck; Academy-Award winner Ariana DeBose; and director Bazmark Luhrmann.

Two of the president’s children, Hunter Biden and Ashley Biden, as well as his sister, Valerie Biden, were expected to attend.

More:  https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/01/biden-first-state-dinner-macron-00071763

Online libertybele

Jill's moment has finally arrived .....

I have to admit I do like Jill's dress.  As for Brigitte's dress....not so much. As for Jill and Brigitte playing kissy face ... Mama Jill may have had a few too many glasses of wine.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 01:31:48 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Joe.

Online libertybele

That's a huge guest list, no wonder they needed 200 lobsters at our expense btw.

I should say. Shameful really while so many Americans are struggling to put food on their tables.

Online mountaineer

Jill looked pretty good. Better hairdo than usual. That the slimeball Hunter is included in these official functions is repulsive.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Jill looked pretty good. Better hairdo than usual. That the slimeball Hunter is included in these official functions is repulsive.

Those are two women who desperately need to tone down the black eyeliner. Not a good look on aged blondes.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Online Right_in_Virginia

He was winking or having a stroke ----

Online Right_in_Virginia

"The glass pavilion was tucked in a corner of the South Lawn beneath a set of trees with the Washington Monument visible behind it"