Author Topic: Pennsylvania Republicans reconsider mail-in voting in wake of midterm losses  (Read 197 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pennsylvania Republicans reconsider mail-in voting in wake of midterm losses
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter |
December 02, 2022 08:15 AM

Some Pennsylvania GOP members are beginning to reconsider their party’s stance on mail-in voting as the party reckons with major losses in the midterm elections that may be partly attributable to their aversion to the practice.

Over the last two years, Republican lawmakers and candidates in the Keystone State have been openly against mail-in voting, claiming the practice has made elections susceptible to voter fraud. After record voter turnout and Democratic gains in the 2020 election partly due to no-excuse mail-in voting, many Republicans in the state responded by filing lawsuits and introducing legislation that sought to end the practice altogether.

Now, after a stronger-than-expected performance from Democrats in the midterm elections, particularly in Pennsylvania, some Republicans are beginning to consider whether they should embrace mail-in voting in 2024.

“There’s no question in my mind that Republicans have to have a different mail-in strategy,” Andy Reilly, a Republican National Committeeman in Pennsylvania, told Politico. “When one party votes for 30 days and one party votes for one, you’re definitely going to lose.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/pennsylvania-republicans-reconsider-mail-in-voting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

About time

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online cato potatoe

It's astonishing they allowed the tidal wave to wash over them before reconsidering their position.  And regardless of what Trump is blathering about early votes ... I would hope that self-preservation kicks in at some point.  Everyone saw this play out in 2020.  It should have come as no surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Embracing mail-in voting will NOT help Republicans.

Not in Pennsylvania.
Not anywhere else.

There's a distinct reason behind this, fellow Comrade Briefers.

The Party uses mail-in ballots as a vehicle for manipulating elections, as a part of the ever-expanding "underground election apparatus". Some "ballots" may be from actual voters, but many more will be from "controlled sources".

Republicans, on the other hand, will simply use it to cast the same votes "in advance" that they would have cast at the polls anyway.

Do you see the difference, and why the results will be different?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 04:49:47 am by Fishrrman »