Author Topic: DHS warns of ‘heightened threat environment’ in pre-holiday terrorism bulletin  (Read 284 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NATIONAL SECURITY
DHS warns of ‘heightened threat environment’ in pre-holiday terrorism bulletin
BY JULIA MUELLER - 11/30/22 2:56 PM ET

The Department of Homeland Security headquarters is photographed in northwest Washington.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on Wednesday warned of a “heightened threat environment” across the country in its latest terrorism advisory bulletin, cautioning that the U.S. could see several acts of violence in the coming months.

“Our homeland continues to face a heightened threat environment —as we have seen, tragically, in recent acts of targeted violence— and is driven by violent extremists seeking to further a political or social goal or act on a grievance,” Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in a release announcing the warning.

Schools, public gatherings, faith-based institutions, government facilities and U.S. infrastructure could be targeted by both lone actors and small groups of people who may be motivated by “a range of ideological beliefs and/or personal grievances” in the coming months, the National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin, released Wednesday, warns. 

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3756682-dhs-warns-of-heightened-threat-environment-in-pre-holiday-terrorism-bulletin/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm sure there are terrorists coming into this country every day courtesy of the Biden administration.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

violent extremists seeking to further a political or social goal or act on a grievance
Does the esteemed secretary include Antifa and like-minded groups in that category?  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org