Author Topic: Farts say more about your health than you think — now, scientists are listening  (Read 1020 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Farts say more about your health than you think — now, scientists are listening
Story by Max Levy • Yesterday 6:30 AM

As David Ancalle opened video after video of diarrhea this year, it struck him: This is not what he expected to be doing for his Ph.D.

Ancalle, a mechanical engineering student at Georgia Tech who researches fluid dynamics, is currently working to demystify the acoustics of urination, flatulence, and diarrhea. His team is training AI to recognize and analyze the sound of each bathroom phenomenon; in fact, research suggests that tracking the flow of our excretions could benefit public health.

What’s new — Ancalle and Maia Gatlin, an aerospace engineer at the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI), created a mechanical device loaded with pumps, nozzles, and tubes meant to recreate the physics — and sounds — of human bodily function. They named it the Synthetic Human Acoustic Reproduction Testing machine (yep, S.H.A.R.T.).

S.H.A.R.T. is now preparing an AI algorithm to one day pick up on deadly diseases like cholera and stop an outbreak in its tracks, according to a presentation at last week’s American Physical Society’s annual Fluid Dynamics conference. Ancalle and Gatlin’s results haven’t yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/farts-say-more-about-your-health-than-you-think-now-scientists-are-listening/ar-AA14Jova?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=15f63524f2464422839fde1079c5f5a5
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 12:07:26 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NO SH*T!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

NO SH*T!

Well, yes, because then it would be about defecation, not about flatulence.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
So is my wife and she isn't happy about it believe me.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Thanks for passing this information along.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Let's begin ze analysis!

The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In Jewish life, one must say a blessing for every fart, for every piss, for every bowel movement.
Those things equal life. True fact: Every time I take a morning dump, I thank God. I really do, that is what life is.

When you stop doing that ... not good.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
In Jewish life, one must say a blessing for every fart, for every piss, for every bowel movement.
Those things equal life. True fact: Every time I take a morning dump, I thank God. I really do, that is what life is.

Well, I do admit I pray when I'm constipated.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Prayer after going to the bathroom: Asher Yatzar

Blessed are You, Adonai, our G-d, King of the universe, who formed man with wisdom and created within him many openings and many hollow spaces. It is obvious and known before Your Seat of Honor that if even one of them would be opened, or if even one of them would be sealed, it would be impossible to survive and to stand before You even for one hour. Blessed are You, Adonai, who heals all flesh and acts wondrously.

“It feels weird to say and I do not think many people know it even exists, but it shows us, once again, how Judaism has a focus on slowing down and showing gratitude for something many of us don't even think about,” Appel says of the rather esoteric recitation. “The blessing forces us to take a moment and be grateful for a body that works and allows us to accomplish the things we do every day."

https://www.womansday.com/life/a39752589/jewish-blessings/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I also thank the Lord for a good BM... it is a blessing.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thanks for passing this information along.

You mean inFARTmation, don't you? :pondering:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but then saw this lovely piece of art and thought of you all:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org