Author Topic: Don't Be So Sure That The Climate Extremists Have "Won"  (Read 644 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Don't Be So Sure That The Climate Extremists Have "Won"
« on: December 01, 2022, 11:44:58 am »
Don't Be So Sure That The Climate Extremists Have "Won"
November 29, 2022/ Francis Menton

Undoubtedly, the question right now at the top of everyone’s mind is, When is the Manhattan Contrarian’s Energy Storage Report coming out?  After all, he previously promised it for September, and then October, and here we are almost in December and we still haven’t seen it.

It’s a fair question.  Being a blogger, I don’t have much appreciation for the formalities of the publication process.  In blogging, you finish the post, do a quick proofread, press “Publish,” and there it is.  With this, it has been rounds of peer review, editing, typesetting, proofreading, and so forth.  However, I’m now told that the official issue date will be Thursday, December 1.

After the publication, I’ll have several posts expounding on parts of the Report, particularly those portions that cover topics I have not already beaten to death here on the blog.  But for now I want to focus on the most important aspect of this, which is: Don’t get discouraged in thinking that the climate extremists have “won.”  They have not. 

It does not really matter that the climate extremists at the moment control all of the commanding heights of our culture — the media, academia, most big corporations, and the Executive Branch of the government.  What matters is that the cultists are proposing a new utopian energy system that will not work and cannot work.  It’s only a question of when and how it fails — and of how big the political blowback will be when that happens.  The main Achilles heel of the proposals is the problem of energy storage.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2022-11-29-dont-be-so-sure-that-the-climate-extremists-have-won
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

Re: Don't Be So Sure That The Climate Extremists Have "Won"
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 12:07:13 pm »
Quote from: the article
The current cult of the academic, journalistic and governmental elites suffers from the eternal problem of all central planners.  They think they are brilliant — and in some ways they might be (high scores on SATs?) — but they have no idea at all how to engineer an energy system that will work.  We all eagerly await for their planned utopia to crash and burn. 

That's right. These people who seem to run our culture have bled into politics with the very same sort of fantasies, forcing that fantasy upon reality, with inevitably the same result: Utter failure.

The problem being, the expense at which the truth will finally be revealed. It will be a very high price.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 02:19:33 pm »
That's right. These people who seem to run our culture have bled into politics with the very same sort of fantasies, forcing that fantasy upon reality, with inevitably the same result: Utter failure.

The problem being, the expense at which the truth will finally be revealed. It will be a very high price.

People need to start pressing details as to how this is all going to work. Will their scheme provide the energy to run the economy and transportation system at the same levels as it is right now?

The answer of course is not even close, but the general population needs to have that point driven home hard till they understand that their very existence is in jeopardy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 02:22:49 pm »
People need to start pressing details as to how this is all going to work. Will their scheme provide the energy to run the economy and transportation system at the same levels as it is right now?

The answer of course is not even close, but the general population needs to have that point driven home hard till they understand that their very existence is in jeopardy.

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 02:28:01 pm »

Oh it will be... That much is guaranteed.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 01:17:52 pm »

By whom?  Unless the MSM decides to be honest, because we know politicians won't be, it won't happen. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 01:20:10 pm »
By whom?  Unless the MSM decides to be honest, because we know politicians won't be, it won't happen. **nononono*

(Un)fortunately... the result will be predictable, nearly mechanical, and obvious to all. It will require no announcement.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2022, 04:37:46 am »

If they prevail in imposing this nonsense, at some point after it falls apart it will resemble hunting heretics in the Middle Ages: open season, no bag limit.

You can't attack the things that make a civilization even modestly civilized and then hide behind the veneer you have torn down.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2022, 04:50:45 am »
If they prevail in imposing this nonsense, at some point after it falls apart it will resemble hunting heretics in the Middle Ages: open season, no bag limit.

You can't attack the things that make a civilization even modestly civilized and then hide behind the veneer you have torn down.

That's right. What society is *FOR* is to provide a safe place for women and the raising of children... When it is no longer even that, the very root is rotten.

Now women and children must make way for sin - It is more important that deviant behavior has its place, even above the need for privacy and safety for the women and children... And it will only grow worse... How long before eugenics becomes normalized, and elders and unfit people are eliminated? How long before beastiality is legalized and cannibalism is made honorable?

And that is not a stretch... twenty years ago homosexuality and transvestites -SIN - were unacceptable... and twenty years before that, divorce was relatively unheard of.

What will the next decade or two bring? It is predictable. Repentance is so needful now as to be dire... or it will all come tumbling down. And the free will become the enslaved.

Them that do not know history are doomed to repeat it.