Author Topic: OPC27 Greenwishing: Progressive Discontent  (Read 228 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
OPC27 Greenwishing: Progressive Discontent
« on: December 01, 2022, 11:41:21 am »
OPC27 Greenwishing: Progressive Discontent
BY ROBERT L. BRADLEY, JR.
NOVEMBER 28, 2022
CONTACT THE EXPERT

The script for the annual two-week Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP) is an open secret. Fly in; sound the alarm; enjoy the opulence; plead and cajole; go into overtime; trumpet a last-minute breakthrough.

Don’t talk about unsettled climate science or the positives of carbon dioxide, from global greening to warmer winters. Don’t mention consumers, taxpayers, or fiscal discipline. Pretend that the current world energy crisis is a bump in the road. No backtracking! And perhaps most of all, be optimistic and make plans for COP28 next year in the United Arab Emirates.

This is the official line. But many activists are losing patience with the party of Parties. Here are some samplings from the true believers.

Andrew Griffiths, Director of Community & Partnerships, PlanetMark:

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/climate-change/cop27-greenwishing-progressive-discontent/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson