Author Topic: Thought and Speech  (Read 210 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Thought and Speech
« on: December 01, 2022, 12:58:37 am »
Persons think.

Persons speak.

Attributions of thought and speech to nouns or pronouns (and not named persons or sources) is intellectual and rhetorical cowardice, dishonesty, andl deceit.

For thought and speech to have integrity, they need to be attributed to named sources.

Cowards, liars, and disingenuous manipulators hide their thought and speech behind the anonymity of nouns and pronouns.

An unnamed source could be anyone and no one.

That's why thought and speech attributed to unnamed subjects, nouns, and pronouns is untrustworthy, at best, or counterfeit. 

Rumor is ...

... "All introductory, subordinate, adverbial clauses are followed by a comma." - my sophomore highschool composition teacher, Father Hickey, S.J.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Thought and Speech
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 08:09:47 am »
That unnamed source could be the chance alignment of the letters in alphabet soup, FWIW.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis