General Category > Politics/Government

House GOP Group Hints They Will Deal With Democrats to Elect a House Speaker if Kevin McCarthy Doesn

<< < (2/4) > >>

EdinVA:

--- Quote ---  Enact a “majority of the majority” rule that legislation passed in a Republican House should be supported by a majority of House Republicans to prevent leadership from cutting deals with Democrats if a bill is not supported by conservatives
        Restore independence of committees by electing committee chairs based on qualifications and effectiveness
        Diversify the Steering Committee so that all House Republicans can have input on committee assignments
        Open the legislative process to allow for amendments. Members have not been allowed to vote on an amendment on the House floor since May 2016, and the Republican 115th Congress, under then-Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI), broke the record for the most bills being considered without amendments
        Ensure fiscal responsibility by blocking consideration of any other bill until the House can pass an appropriations bill by August 1. If the House has not acted by September 10, then the Speaker should be prevented from recessing or adjourning until it has passed a spending bill
--- End quote ---

It appears to me that mccarthy is power hungry and does not want to let the other republicans play.....
He needs to get his head screwed on straight and make these changes... mccarthy should not be a red pelosi...

libertybele:

--- Quote from: EdinVA on November 30, 2022, 11:46:12 pm ---It appears to me that mccarthy is power hungry and does not want to let the other republicans play.....
He needs to get his head screwed on straight and make these changes... mccarthy should not be a red pelosi...

--- End quote ---

The majority of Congress doesn't have their heads screwed on straight.  I believe McCarthy will be Speaker and just as much of a disaster as Boehner and Ryan if not more so.

mystery-ak:

--- Quote --- I believe McCarthy will be Speaker and just as much of a disaster as Boehner and Ryan if not more so.
--- End quote ---

I agree..I hope he's not a crier... :crying:

Bigun:

--- Quote from: EdinVA on November 30, 2022, 11:46:12 pm ---It appears to me that mccarthy is power hungry and does not want to let the other republicans play.....
He needs to get his head screwed on straight and make these changes... mccarthy should not be a red Pelosi...

--- End quote ---

And things are no different in the house!

DefiantMassRINO:
... Congressional Republicans - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version