General Category > Midterm Elections 2022

Herschel Walker told supporters, 'I live in Texas' while campaigning for Senate in Georgia: report

<< < (2/2)

mystery-ak:
November 30, 2022 4:45pm EST
First on Fox: Herschel Walker, facing new controversy, insists, 'I'm a resident of Georgia'
Walker is facing off with Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock in Georgia's Dec. 6 Senate runoff election

By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

DALTON, Ga. – With six days to go until Georgia's runoff election, the Senate race in the crucial swing state is ending as it started – with Republican nominee Herschel Walker facing a barrage of questions over his Peach State residency.

But Walker, who's facing off against Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock in next Tuesday's runoff election, insisted in an interview Wednesday with Fox News Digital, "I'm a resident of Georgia."

"I'm here to fight for Georgia. I'm here to run for office in Georgia," Walker added as he was interviewed in his campaign bus after a rally at a community center in Dalton, a small city in the northwestern corner of the state.

Walker, a former professional and college football star who won the Heisman Trophy and steered the Georgia Bulldogs to a national championship four decades ago, lived in Texas for 20 years before launching a Senate bid in the summer of 2021 in his native Peach State. His residency was a big question mark ahead of his entry into the race, which came after months of encouragement to run by former President Donald Trump, his longtime friend.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/herschel-walker-facing-new-controversy-insists-resident-georgia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version