Author Topic: Herschel Walker told supporters, 'I live in Texas' while campaigning for Senate in Georgia: report  (Read 718 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :facepalm2:

November 30, 2022 12:49pm EST
Herschel Walker told supporters, 'I live in Texas' while campaigning for Senate in Georgia: report
Walker told group of College Republicans, 'I live in Texas,' during campaign speech in January

By Chris Pandolfo | Fox News

Senate candidate Herschel Walker is facing renewed allegations of carpetbagging, ahead of next week's runoff election in Georgia, for claiming a special property tax break in Texas and making statements about living in the Lone Star State while campaigning to unseat Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Ga.

With the runoff election scheduled for next Tuesday, Walker's residency and eligibility for Senate have been questioned by Democrats who say he "lied about being a Georgia resident." A CNN report scrutinizing Walker's statements found that in January of this year, while campaigning for Senate in Georgia, he described Texas as his "home."

"I live in Texas," Walker told a group of University of Georgia College Republicans on Jan. 12. "I went down to the border off and on sometimes," he said, attacking congressional Democrats for neglecting to visit the border and address the illegal immigration crisis. 

Walker made those comments after describing how he decided to run for Senate in Georgia while observing divisions in the country from his home in Texas.

"Everyone asks me, why did I decide to run for a Senate seat? Because to be honest with you, this is never something I ever, ever, ever thought in my life I’d ever do," Walker said. "And that’s the honest truth. As I was sitting in my home in Texas, I was sitting in my home in Texas, and I was seeing what was going on in this country. I was seeing what was going on in this country with how they were trying to divide people."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/herschel-walker-told-supporters-i-live-texas-campaigning-senate-georgia-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Using the Biden/Fetterman rule of verbal screwups, Walker should win in a landslide.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Using the Biden/Fetterman rule of verbal screwups, Walker should win in a landslide.

:thumbsup:

Online Hoodat

So the man who ran a kid's camp in Maryland while blocking a child abuse investigation is accusing Georgia born and bred Hershel Walker of being a carpet bagger?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Warnock church camper opens up about camp abuse

Emily Jacobs  |  December 28, 2020  |  4:24pm

Counselors tossed urine on a 12-year-old boy and forced him to sleep outside at the summer camp run by Rev. Raphael Warnock, the former camper, now an adult, alleged in an interview.

Speaking to the Washington Free Beacon Monday, 30-year-old Anthony Washington discussed his summer 2002 experience at Camp Farthest Out in Carroll County, Maryland, which Warnock oversaw in his capacity as pastor of Douglas Memorial Community Church.

Washington was 12 when he was sent to the camp, which served inner-city children from Baltimore. He told the outlet that after wetting his bed one evening, he was forced to sleep outside without a pillow, blanket or anything else to keep him warm.

“[The counselors] wouldn’t let me in the house, not at all,” he told the Free Beacon. “Shut the door to the cabin, locked it.”

“It was dark,” Washington recalled, noting that there was nothing outside besides a nearby basketball court. “You’re not in a tent, you’re not in nothing. You’re just out, God knows where.”

Counselors also threw urine on him that was left in a bucket used when they didn’t have access to a bathroom.

Washington further alleged seeing counselors “grab kids,” but couldn’t speak to any accusations of abuse beyond that, only adding that he feared for himself and his sister.

Campers were prohibited from calling their parents, he told the outlet. Once Washington was eventually able to get his mother on the phone, she went to court.

That same year, Warnock, then 33, was taken away in handcuffs after interrupting a police interview with a camp counselor about possible instances of abuse.  .  .

https://nypost.com/2020/12/28/warnock-church-camper-opens-up-about-camp-abuse/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 30, 2022 4:45pm EST
First on Fox: Herschel Walker, facing new controversy, insists, 'I'm a resident of Georgia'
Walker is facing off with Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock in Georgia's Dec. 6 Senate runoff election

By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

DALTON, Ga. – With six days to go until Georgia's runoff election, the Senate race in the crucial swing state is ending as it started – with Republican nominee Herschel Walker facing a barrage of questions over his Peach State residency.

But Walker, who's facing off against Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock in next Tuesday's runoff election, insisted in an interview Wednesday with Fox News Digital, "I'm a resident of Georgia."

"I'm here to fight for Georgia. I'm here to run for office in Georgia," Walker added as he was interviewed in his campaign bus after a rally at a community center in Dalton, a small city in the northwestern corner of the state.

Walker, a former professional and college football star who won the Heisman Trophy and steered the Georgia Bulldogs to a national championship four decades ago, lived in Texas for 20 years before launching a Senate bid in the summer of 2021 in his native Peach State. His residency was a big question mark ahead of his entry into the race, which came after months of encouragement to run by former President Donald Trump, his longtime friend.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/herschel-walker-facing-new-controversy-insists-resident-georgia
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34