Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS:Hakeem Jeffries elected to replace Nancy Pelosi as House Democrat leader in next Congr  (Read 560 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 30, 2022 11:47am EST
Hakeem Jeffries elected to replace Nancy Pelosi as House Democrat leader in next Congress
Pelosi, 82, will remain in House as rank-and-file member

By Haris Alic | Fox News

House Democrats voted Wednesday to make Rep. Hakeem Jeffries their leader in the next Congress, replacing 82-year-old Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Jeffries won the post in an uncontested election after Pelosi and the two other incumbent members of the Democratic leadership, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, opted to step down. Jeffries, a 52-year-old New Yorker, will be the first African American to serve as House Democratic leader.

"Leadership is incredibly important," said Jeffries. "When we get an opportunity as diverse leaders to serve in positions of consequence, the most meaningful thing we can do in that space is an incredibly good job."

House Democrats also elected Massachusetts Rep. Katherine Clark to serve as Democratic Whip. California Rep. Pete Aguilar was elected to serve as chairman of the House Democratic caucus. Both Clark and Aguilar served in leadership under Pelosi for the past two years.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hakeem-jeffries-replace-nancy-pelosi-house-democrat-leader-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Gut says he's weak and not leadership material, aka another diversity hire.
The Republic is lost.

Online Kamaji

So, an election denier is now the head of the DNC faction in the House.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gut says he's weak and not leadership material, aka another diversity hire.

How many boxes did he check off to get the gig?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

How many boxes did he check off to get the gig?
I just told the VA that I am a lesbian trapped in the body of a man, and I NEVER check White/Caucasian on the 'race' list. I realize that this is a joke as old as time, but I did it ... for real. Some counselor asked me how I "identify" as a person. And that is what I said. Although it is an obvious joke to all of us, liberals take that horseshit nonsense seriously. As if it is a real thing. Cannot say how many boxes I have checked as far as the government is concerned. Several, at least.

It is not about, "If you cannot beat them, join them."
For me it is more about, "If you cannot beat them, then F**k um!" <- Chief Bleach-blood Elizabeth Warren is my role model. Her blood type is Clorox, and she fooled the Liberal idiots for decades that she is a "person of color". If you believe it, then it is true.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He was elected uncontested.  God help us.

As White Christian female with blonde/gray hair and blue eyes, I now identify as a complete misfit that is royally screwed.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele chimed in with:
"He was elected uncontested.  God help us.
As White Christian female with blonde/gray hair and blue eyes, I now identify as a complete misfit that is royally screwed."

Well... now you know (in no uncertain terms) who we are up against.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
bele chimed in with:
"He was elected uncontested.  God help us.
As White Christian female with blonde/gray hair and blue eyes, I now identify as a complete misfit that is royally screwed."

Well... now you know (in no uncertain terms) who we are up against.

The enemy of the States.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
What we get when fools believe they are not accountable for the wicked reprobates they elect for office.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It may have more to do with keeping the House Speaker within the orbit of large limousine liberal donors from New York, Massachusetts, and California.

A midwest, west, or southern Dem may not be liberally extreme enough for the DNC's biggest donors.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright