Author Topic: DeSantis Nails Disney After CEO Bob Iger ‘Sorry’ For Fighting Florida: ‘They Brought This On Themsel  (Read 427 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.dailywire.com/news/desantis-nails-disney-after-ceo-bob-iger-sorry-for-fighting-florida-they-brought-this-on-themselves

Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis slammed Disney during an interview Tuesday night after the company’s CEO, Bob Iger, said that he was sorry that the company was “dragged” into a fight with the state of Florida.

DeSantis made the remarks during an interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson in which he was asked about Disney’s opposition to the Florida Parental Rights in Education Act, which banned schools from talking about sexual matters with young children.

Carlson played a clip where Iger said, “I was sorry to see us dragged into that battle. And I have no idea exactly what its ramifications are in terms of the business itself.”

“What I can say is, the state of Florida has been important to us for a long time, and we have been very important to the state of Florida,” Iger continued. “That is something I’m extremely mindful of and will articulate if I get the chance.”

When asked how he would respond to Iger’s remarks, DeSantis said, “We didn’t drag them in, Tucker. They went in on their own, and not only opposed the bill. They threatened to get it repealed.”

“These are parents’ rights, important policies in our state that are very popular. And so they brought this on themselves,” he continued. “All we did was stand up for what’s right. And, yes, they’re a big, powerful company. But you know what? We stand up for our folks. And I don’t care what a Burbank-based California company says about our laws.”

VIDEO:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1597778995180773382

« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 05:24:41 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
DeSantis continues to be on point policy wise.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And I don’t care what a Burbank-based California company says about our laws.”

A-frickin-Men.  Perfect answer.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

Unfortunately, Bob Iger isn't an improvement over Chapek with regard to politics. 

He may fix the parks.  I hope he does, because they are a mess.

Offline Kamaji