Author Topic: American Schools Are Teaching Climate Activism, Eschewing Science  (Read 260 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY STEVE MILLER ON NOV 29, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

American Schools Are Teaching Climate Activism, Eschewing Science

classroom kids teachPublic school districts are adopting curricula on climate change from well-funded progressive groups casting the issue as a threat to life on the planet that students should respond to through activism.

As of fall 2020, 29 states and the District of Columbia have adopted standards that require science classes to teach human-caused climate change as a peril beyond dispute, according to K12 Climate Action,  a group that is part of the progressive Aspen Institute.

The school districts often rely on information provided by advocacy groups including the Sierra Club and the U.S. Green Building Council. A Sierra Club teaching “toolkit” signals a wide purpose across subject areas:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/american-schools-are-teaching-climate-activism-eschewing-science/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 03:14:21 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: American Schools Are Teaching Climate Activism, Eschewing Science
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 03:50:25 pm »
Quit the whining and crying and get your schools and your curriculum under control Red states.

All this is union pushed, and they have no legal right to dictate what teachers teach.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Re: American Schools Are Teaching Climate Activism, Eschewing Science
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 04:00:18 pm »
Quit the whining and crying and get your schools and your curriculum under control Red states.

All this is union pushed, and they have no legal right to dictate what teachers teach.

:thumbsup: