General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

GOP Senate candidates significantly underfunded compared with Democrats rivals in key states

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
November 30, 2022
GOP Senate candidates significantly underfunded compared with Democrats rivals in key states
By Rajan Laad

Recently Breitbart performed a comparative study of fundraising and spending between Republicans and Democrats for key midterm races.

As expected GOP was outspent and outraised by a wide margin. 

Start with Arizona.

How much was spent?

GOP candidate Blake Masters spent about $1.00 for every $7.50 spent by sitting Democrat Sen. Mark Kelly. 

OpenSecrets revealed that Kelly spent $73,477,987 in his successful reelection bid, while Masters only spent $9,412,054.

How much was raised?

Kelly raised an astounding $79.3 million, while Masters managed to raise a mere $12 million.

To make matter worse, Arizona took ages to count their votes, causing some to speculate that fraud may have occurred behind the scenes. (Editor's note: See also Jay Valentine's article on that in today's AT here).

Kelly won the race, he received around 52 percent of the mandate, i.e., 1,322,026 votes, while Masters managed 46.5% percent of the mandate, i.e., 1,196,308 votes.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/11/gop_senate_candidates_significantly_underfunded_compared_with_democrats_rivals_in_key_states.html

Free Vulcan:
Even with the vote fraud, considering the money disparity alot of our candidates did well, no thanks to swampy Mitch.

Fishrrman:
Back when I was younger, it was the Republicans who "had the money" for elections, and the democrats were "the poor boys".

What happened?
What turned this around almost 180 degrees?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version