Author Topic: TUCKER CARLSON: Apple is now an active collaborator with China's murderous police state  (Read 370 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 29, 2022 10:10pm EST

TUCKER CARLSON: Apple is now an active collaborator with China's murderous police state
Tucker rips Apple's loyalty to China during COVID protests

By Tucker Carlson | Fox News

Unless you read The Daily Mail, which is an English paper published online, you probably didn't know that Chinese President Xi Jinping sent tanks into a major city last night in order to put down protests against his rule. Virtually no American media outlets even acknowledge that that happened, and that's pretty weird if you think about it. Imagine, for example, that Hungarian leader Viktor Orbán put tanks into Budapest to crush his political opponents. Would our media notice? Oh, yeah, they would. It'd be on the front page of The New York Times. "Morning Joe" would lead with it, and keep in mind that Hungary is a very small country. It's got a GDP smaller than South Dakota's.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-apple-now-active-collaborator-chinas-murderous-police-state
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Just, Wow.  You know, if there was a manufacturer offering a phone and tablet that could rival the simplicity of iOS, I would dump Apple.  Especially if the competitor was able to deliver a more affordable price point than Apple’s.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Keep it up Apple! You're doing great, and making me money!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Just, Wow.  You know, if there was a manufacturer offering a phone and tablet that could rival the simplicity of iOS, I would dump Apple.  Especially if the competitor was able to deliver a more affordable price point than Apple’s.

Have you tried any of the other products, like Samsung?

Online roamer_1

Have you tried any of the other products, like Samsung?

YEP. I much prefer Android to Apple any day... but all it does is give you over to Google, which is merely another head of the same hydra...

Granted, as I become more educated, I have slipped those bonds more than most - Less to Google and more to Samsung and Microsoft... Pick your poison I guess..

Offline Kamaji

YEP. I much prefer Android to Apple any day... but all it does is give you over to Google, which is merely another head of the same hydra...

Granted, as I become more educated, I have slipped those bonds more than most - Less to Google and more to Samsung and Microsoft... Pick your poison I guess..

True enough.  My understanding is that Android, although a Google-owned product, is somewhat more open than Apple's ecosystem, which is definitely a closed universe.

Edit:  there are some open-source alternative mobile operating systems, but my guess is that finding a provider who will work with a DIY phone OS are few and far between.

Source:  https://itsfoss.com/open-source-alternatives-android/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 03:59:32 pm by Kamaji »

Online roamer_1

True enough.  My understanding is that Android, although a Google-owned product, is somewhat more open than Apple's ecosystem, which is definitely a closed universe.

It sure is more open... And if freedom minded coders would offer non-tracking software free of the Google Apps store, it has the real capability of being free (as in liberty).

There may be some hardware that is unavoidable - Samsung is a google partner after all... But tracking is highly distributed through apps and services. And the apps and services are what make a smart phone worth having.

I have done alright moving away from Google in all things except maps and nav. I can find no satisfactory replacement for that.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Apple's got too much business tied up in China.

Not only their manufacturing that is based there. I would reckon that China comprises a significant part of their market, as well.

Disclaimer:
I've been a Mac guy since 1987, and an Apple // user before that.
Wouldn't use anything else.

But... don't own an iPhone, iPad, or any of that stuff.
No smartphone here... at all.

Offline libertybele

I believe that Elon Musk was talking about coming up with a phone to rival Apple.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.