General Category > Politics/Government

McCarthy huddles with opponents of leadership bid in latest effort to clinch speakership

<< < (2/4) > >>

Killer Clouds:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on November 30, 2022, 08:25:54 pm ---My prediction: McCarthy will get the votes he needs from the Democrats.

--- End quote ---
Why not? McCarthy is a democrat.

Free Vulcan:
I really hope this isn't true. It's like he doesn't even want to work with conservatives. He'd rather be betrayed by Dems.

bilo:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on November 30, 2022, 08:25:54 pm ---My prediction: McCarthy will get the votes he needs from the Democrats.

--- End quote ---

If that happens he's done. He can play games with "working across the aisle" but conservatives should vote no on everything and be sure to primary any Pubs that go along with McCarthy. It's time for the base to get control of the party.

Night Hides Not:
Trump has already endorsed McCarthy for Speaker...the discussion is over.

:rolling:

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: bilo on December 01, 2022, 02:05:11 am ---If that happens he's done. He can play games with "working across the aisle" but conservatives should vote no on everything and be sure to primary any Pubs that go along with McCarthy. It's time for the base to get control of the party.

--- End quote ---

All I ever hoped for winning the House was a stalemate where nothing got done. The work that really needs done is at the state level.

What you propose might be an ingenious way to flush out the RINOs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version