Author Topic: Save America’s grid!  (Read 224 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Save America’s grid!
« on: November 30, 2022, 01:58:11 pm »
Save America’s grid!
By David Wojick |November 29th, 2022|Energy|53 Comments

It is no secret that America’s electric power grid is becoming unreliable. The secret is whose fault it is. Not knowing who to blame makes it hard to fix.

If I could get a show of hands I bet that almost no one has heard of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation. They are called NERC which rhymes with jerk. They are a private corporation endowed with federal authority to keep America’s lights on. NERC makes and enforces the regulations governing grid reliability in America. The looming threat of numerous blackouts is their fault. They have obviously failed to maintain reliability, which is their specific mission.

The grid is sick and getting sicker.

The reason for this growing unreliability is well established. It is the mad rush to replace reliable coals and nuclear power plants with weather dependent wind and solar power. This simply does not work and we are beginning to pay the price of folly. We must constrain and manage the penetration of renewables to maintain reliability. Given that battery costs are impossibly large, even assuming fantastic cost reductions, powering the grid with wind and solar is itself impossible. Reliability requires sufficient backup generation.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/30/save-americas-grid/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline MajorClay

Re: Save America’s grid!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 01:45:10 am »
Movie: "Grid Down, Power Up"

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Save America’s grid!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 01:55:41 am »
 ////00000////

I blame Global Cimate Change, Inc.

Natural gas was supposed to be a bridge fuel as electricity generators moved away from coal, but, that was before Global Climate Change, Inc, delcared methane to be Satan's flatulence.

Only solar panels and wind turbines can save Amierca now.

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright