Author Topic: Rod Dreher: What’s The Matter with KU Law?  (Read 142 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rod Dreher: What’s The Matter with KU Law?
« on: November 30, 2022, 12:53:30 pm »
What’s The Matter With KU Law?

KS Supreme Court justice Caleb Stegall resigns from teaching law there, saying woke school 'threatens the basic pillars of our profession'

Rod Dreher
Nov 30, 2022

I haven't spoken to my old friend Caleb Stegall, now a Kansas state Supreme Court Justice, in years, but his name popped up this morning in a news story a friend sent to me:

Supreme Court Justice Caleb Stegall has ended his teaching relationship with the University of Kansas School of Law in the aftermath of a controversy over a speaker that the student chapter of the Federalist Society brought to campus.

In a six-page letter sent to the law school dean, Stegall said he would not renew his teaching relationship with the school after a blowup over the Federalist Society's announcement it would host an attorney from an organization viewed by some as a "hate group."

Here is a link to Justice Stegall's letter. It's a PDF, so I have to provide excerpts by screengrab:

My lord, those distraught students are a bunch of crybullies who ought to have been put on notice that that kind of babyish, manipulative behavior would never be tolerated at an actual grown-up law school. The fact that they resorted to that tactic -- one that is commonly seen all over -- shows how decadent and weak the administrations of institutions have become. I would certainly hope never to hire one of those lawyers to represent me, lest they fall apart in court, weep, wail, gnash their teeth and pee their pants.

In the letter to KU Law, Stegall added:

This is massively important. This is the Live Not By Lies point -- that our liberal democracy is becoming functionally totalitarian as these crybaby Jacobins conquer institutions like law schools. I had a debate on television in Slovakia this morning, and listened as a Slovak academic denies that there is anything totalitarian about our liberal democratic societies today. I congratulated him on living in a country where people still tolerate dissent and prize debate, because that is not the case in America today -- and it won't be the case in Slovakia tomorrow, if the people here are not aware of what's coming.

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/whats-the-matter-with-ku-law/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:56:10 pm by Kamaji »

Offline The_Reader_David

Re: Rod Dreher: What’s The Matter with KU Law?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 01:32:00 pm »
Hardly surprising, KU is a fever swamp of wokeness.  However, oddly, and fortunately for Kansas, the preeminent law school in the state is at Washburn, the one remaining municipal university in the country, which is located in the state capital, Topeka.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.