Author Topic: Defense Intelligence Agency forms ‘China mission group’ to track rival  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Defense Intelligence Agency forms ‘China mission group’ to track rival
By Colin Demarest
 Nov 29, 01:25 PM

WASHINGTON — The Defense Intelligence Agency is pulling together a group of analysts and experts to monitor competition with China, a world power Pentagon officials consider the leading threat to U.S. national security.

John Kirchhofer, the DIA’s chief of staff, on Nov. 29 said his agency, which produces, analyzes and disseminates military intelligence, established a “China mission group” that will reach full operational capacity early next year.

“It’s as simple as this: We created a box and we called it China,” he said during a livestreamed Intelligence and National Security Alliance event. “If you are in DIA and you are working China, you’re in that box.”

Whereas the CIA is focused on providing intelligence of all kinds to the president, the DIA is the principal source of foreign intel for combat endeavors. The new mission group will become the agency’s repository for China knowledge and knowhow, meaning insiders including Director Lt. Gen. Scott Berrier as well as outsiders will know where to turn “for whatever deep expertise” is needed, according to Kirchhofer, the third-ranking officer.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/intel-geoint/2022/11/29/defense-intelligence-agency-forms-china-mission-group-to-track-rival/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:52:15 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Defense Intelligence Agency forms ‘China mission group’ to track rival
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 12:53:25 pm »
Does this imply tracking China is something they weren't doing in the past? 10631
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: Defense Intelligence Agency forms ‘China mission group’ to track rival
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 01:10:29 pm »
Does this imply tracking China is something they weren't doing in the past? 10631

Nah, now they got a committee to hide behind in case they are wrong..