Author Topic: Arizona official certifies election ‘under duress’, says he’s under threat of arrest if he doesn’t c  (Read 1426 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arizona official certifies election ‘under duress’, says he’s under threat of arrest if he doesn’t comply
November 29, 2022 | Tom Tillison

Monday marked the deadline for Arizona’s 15 counties to report the November 8 election results to the Secretary of State’s Office and one county failed to meet that deadline while another did so under stated “duress.”

Mohave County Supervisors unanimously certified the results of the midterm election, saying they were doing so only because state law requires it.

“I will vote to certify this canvass under duress for the chaos Maricopa County has foisted into our election process,” District 2 Supervisor Hildy Angius said, according to Arizona Public Media.

Ron Gould, chairman of the Mohave County Board of Supervisors, also said that he was voting to certify “under duress.”

“I found out today that I have no choice but to vote aye, or I’ll be arrested and charged with a felony. I don’t think that that is what our founders had in mind when they chose a democratic process to elect their leaders, or our form of self-government and I find that very disheartening,” Gould said.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/11/29/arizona-official-certifies-election-under-duress-says-hes-under-threat-of-arrest-if-he-doesnt-comply-1312883/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ron Gould is a stand-up guy.  I might be a bit biased because I know him personally.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ron Gould is a stand-up guy.  I might be a bit biased because I know him personally.

What's the felony @Cyber Liberty  Woudn't/shouldn't not certifying an election in question be his duty?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What's the felony @Cyber Liberty  Woudn't/shouldn't not certifying an election in question be his duty?

If the Board votes against Certification, like in Cochise County, it's a class 6 Felony.  I don't know what he law he'd have been charged under.  We'll find out soon, though because Hobbes just filed a suit against those Supers.

It's pretty strange the State can drop a Felony charge on somebody who is doing their duty for their Citizens.  If he's "legally required" to vote "Aye," then why does he have to vote in the first place?

A question of logic I can't get my head around.  I do know from knowing Ron and my local Supervisor (Angius) that it's a real concern of theirs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdinVA

If the Board votes against Certification, like in Cochise County, it's a class 6 Felony.  I don't know what he law he'd have been charged under.  We'll find out soon, though because Hobbes just filed a suit against those Supers.

It's pretty strange the State can drop a Felony charge on somebody who is doing their duty for their Citizens.  If he's "legally required" to vote "Aye," then why does he have to vote in the first place?

A question of logic I can't get my head around.  I do know from knowing Ron and my local Supervisor (Angius) that it's a real concern of theirs.

Fight it... could be an interesting trial..

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

If he feels that way, then he should resign.  BTW, who threatened him?  I hate it when these people throw out passive-voice half-answers.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online libertybele

Fight it... could be an interesting trial..

Talk about those in Mohave giving it their all. Obviously some fraud was going on. So, if I am understanding the election has been certified and there is no other recourse??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

If he feels that way, then he should resign.  BTW, who threatened him?  I hate it when these people throw out passive-voice half-answers.

Why should he resign??  He fought for what was RIGHT.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Sorry, but I need the Supervisor from Yucca where he is. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdinVA

Talk about those in Mohave giving it their all. Obviously some fraud was going on. So, if I am understanding the election has been certified and there is no other recourse??
If they arrest the board, they will get their day in court(s) and be able to tell their story.... There is enough suspicious stuff that it will never get that far.

Offline Timber Rattler

Why should he resign??  He fought for what was RIGHT.

He didn't have the moral courage to vote no and fight it in court.  He ultimately folded like a cheap suitcase.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
1h
CONFIRMED: Katie Hobbs' office emailed Mohave County supervisors threatening them with up to two years in prison if they didn't certify their election results.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
1h
CONFIRMED: Katie Hobbs' office emailed Mohave County supervisors threatening them with up to two years in prison if they didn't certify their election results.

I'm open for apologies to Ron Gould now.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Timber Rattler

I'm open for apologies to Ron Gould now.

Keep wishing.  He and the others were cowards.  They should have stood up to Hobbs and went to court but chickened out when the tough got going.  Now she is fully emboldened and enabled.  Seems that Conservative leaders at the state and local levels have no moral courage anymore to follow through with anything.  They just give lipservice and run away. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Press Release from Ron Gould today:

PRESS RELEASE

MOHAVE COUNTY, AZ (December 1, 2022)
Statement Regarding the Election Canvass for Mohave County, Arizona
On Monday, November 28, 2022, in a 4-0 vote the Mohave County Board of Supervisors canvassed Mohave
County’s election results.
Please note that I am referring to Mohave County’s election results. Each of Arizona’s 15 counties canvass the
results from their own county. The Mohave County Board of Supervisors did not canvass the results for
Maricopa County or any other county. Nor did we canvass the state results, the Governor, Attorney General and
the Secretary of State have that job.
Mohave County’s election process was smoothly run by Election Director Allen Tempert. Mr. Tempert has
been election director for over 20 years and knows his job well. You will always have hiccups in an election,
but my office received only 2 complaints regarding this election.
The Supervisors held off the canvass until the deadline of Nov. 28th to allow any complaints to rise to the
surface and make a political statement to the Maricopa County Supervisors regarding their poor handling of
their county’s election.
I received many requests to not canvass our election. The ramifications of not canvassing Mohave County’s
election are:
1. The votes cast by Mohave County voters would not be added to the statewide totals. This would cause
the Republican Party to lose the statewide positions we have won, the still contested Attorney General, the
Superintendent of Public Instruction along with the 2 Corporation Commissioners.
2. The election of County positions would be declared null and void. The 6 elected Mohave County
Superior Court Judges would be replaced with Judges appointed by the apparent Governor, Katie Hobbs.
The other County positions would be filled by the Governor or the Board of Supervisors.

Another fact to keep in mind: The candidates cannot begin the lawsuits to challenge the election results until the
completion of the State Canvass. The canvass is not the end of the process, it is a step along the way.
A legal problem has surfaced as we have moved through the canvass process. We received a letter from the
Secretary of State’s office informing the Supervisors that we would be criminally charged with a class 6 felony
if we didn’t vote to canvass. That threat was confirmed by the board’s attorney, that a “NO” vote could bring a
criminal charge. Some have attempted to label me a coward for not voting “NO”, but as you can see there was
really nothing to gain by my constituents from me voting “NO”. There are other legal paths to follow regarding
this issue.

The policy of “vote yes to canvass or go to jail” is clearly not what our founders had in mind when they formed
our Republic.
Ron Gould
Chairman, Mohave County Board of Supervisors

Please overlook the formatting, I copy and pasted this just now.

Another Supervisor I am friends with told me she got the same letter as Ron, the chairman.  I know Ron, he is a Rancher from Yucca, AZ.  He doesn't get to resign to a cushy gig, he can be ruined from this, unable to run his business.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Timber Rattler

Press Release from Ron Gould today:

Please overlook the formatting, I copy and pasted this just now.

Another Supervisor I am friends with told me she got the same letter as Ron, the chairman.  I know Ron, he is a Rancher from Yucca, AZ.  He doesn't get to resign to a cushy gig, he can be ruined from this, unable to run his business.

And that will be the end of that.  They complied with Hobbs. Period.  Cowards just making excuses now. 

And if your dude can't do his job without threat of ruin, then he should just resign and go meekly back to his ranch since he has no credibility left.  I have no patience for chest beaters who turn and run when threatened by a bully.  And YES, I have been left high and dry by people exactly like this when I have made my own stands in local and statewide elections.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And that will be the end of that.  They complied with Hobbs. Period.  Cowards just making excuses now. 

And if your dude can't do his job without threat of ruin, then he should just resign and go meekly back to his ranch since he has no credibility left.  I have no patience for chest beaters who turn and run when threatened by a bully.  And YES, I have been left high and dry by people exactly like this when I have made my own stands in local and statewide elections.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
I will NOT comply.