General Category > Midterm Elections 2022

Arizona official certifies election ‘under duress’, says he’s under threat of arrest if he doesn’t c

<< < (4/4)

Timber Rattler:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on December 01, 2022, 09:43:52 pm ---I'm open for apologies to Ron Gould now.

--- End quote ---

Keep wishing.  He and the others were cowards.  They should have stood up to Hobbs and went to court but chickened out when the tough got going.  Now she is fully emboldened and enabled.  Seems that Conservative leaders at the state and local levels have no moral courage anymore to follow through with anything.  They just give lipservice and run away. 

Cyber Liberty:
Press Release from Ron Gould today:

--- Quote ---PRESS RELEASE

MOHAVE COUNTY, AZ (December 1, 2022)
Statement Regarding the Election Canvass for Mohave County, Arizona
On Monday, November 28, 2022, in a 4-0 vote the Mohave County Board of Supervisors canvassed Mohave
County’s election results.
Please note that I am referring to Mohave County’s election results. Each of Arizona’s 15 counties canvass the
results from their own county. The Mohave County Board of Supervisors did not canvass the results for
Maricopa County or any other county. Nor did we canvass the state results, the Governor, Attorney General and
the Secretary of State have that job.
Mohave County’s election process was smoothly run by Election Director Allen Tempert. Mr. Tempert has
been election director for over 20 years and knows his job well. You will always have hiccups in an election,
but my office received only 2 complaints regarding this election.
The Supervisors held off the canvass until the deadline of Nov. 28th to allow any complaints to rise to the
surface and make a political statement to the Maricopa County Supervisors regarding their poor handling of
their county’s election.
I received many requests to not canvass our election. The ramifications of not canvassing Mohave County’s
election are:
1. The votes cast by Mohave County voters would not be added to the statewide totals. This would cause
the Republican Party to lose the statewide positions we have won, the still contested Attorney General, the
Superintendent of Public Instruction along with the 2 Corporation Commissioners.
2. The election of County positions would be declared null and void. The 6 elected Mohave County
Superior Court Judges would be replaced with Judges appointed by the apparent Governor, Katie Hobbs.
The other County positions would be filled by the Governor or the Board of Supervisors.

Another fact to keep in mind: The candidates cannot begin the lawsuits to challenge the election results until the
completion of the State Canvass. The canvass is not the end of the process, it is a step along the way.
A legal problem has surfaced as we have moved through the canvass process. We received a letter from the
Secretary of State’s office informing the Supervisors that we would be criminally charged with a class 6 felony
if we didn’t vote to canvass. That threat was confirmed by the board’s attorney, that a “NO” vote could bring a
criminal charge. Some have attempted to label me a coward for not voting “NO”, but as you can see there was
really nothing to gain by my constituents from me voting “NO”. There are other legal paths to follow regarding
this issue.
The policy of “vote yes to canvass or go to jail” is clearly not what our founders had in mind when they formed
our Republic.
Ron Gould
Chairman, Mohave County Board of Supervisors
--- End quote ---

Please overlook the formatting, I copy and pasted this just now.

Another Supervisor I am friends with told me she got the same letter as Ron, the chairman.  I know Ron, he is a Rancher from Yucca, AZ.  He doesn't get to resign to a cushy gig, he can be ruined from this, unable to run his business.

Timber Rattler:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on December 02, 2022, 12:00:28 am ---Press Release from Ron Gould today:

Please overlook the formatting, I copy and pasted this just now.

Another Supervisor I am friends with told me she got the same letter as Ron, the chairman.  I know Ron, he is a Rancher from Yucca, AZ.  He doesn't get to resign to a cushy gig, he can be ruined from this, unable to run his business.

--- End quote ---

And that will be the end of that.  They complied with Hobbs. Period.  Cowards just making excuses now. 

And if your dude can't do his job without threat of ruin, then he should just resign and go meekly back to his ranch since he has no credibility left.  I have no patience for chest beaters who turn and run when threatened by a bully.  And YES, I have been left high and dry by people exactly like this when I have made my own stands in local and statewide elections.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Timber Rattler on December 02, 2022, 12:11:38 am ---And that will be the end of that.  They complied with Hobbs. Period.  Cowards just making excuses now. 

And if your dude can't do his job without threat of ruin, then he should just resign and go meekly back to his ranch since he has no credibility left.  I have no patience for chest beaters who turn and run when threatened by a bully.  And YES, I have been left high and dry by people exactly like this when I have made my own stands in local and statewide elections.

--- End quote ---

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version