General Category > Midterm Elections 2022

Arizona official certifies election ‘under duress’, says he’s under threat of arrest if he doesn’t c

(1/4) > >>

mystery-ak:
Arizona official certifies election ‘under duress’, says he’s under threat of arrest if he doesn’t comply
November 29, 2022 | Tom Tillison

Monday marked the deadline for Arizona’s 15 counties to report the November 8 election results to the Secretary of State’s Office and one county failed to meet that deadline while another did so under stated “duress.”

Mohave County Supervisors unanimously certified the results of the midterm election, saying they were doing so only because state law requires it.

“I will vote to certify this canvass under duress for the chaos Maricopa County has foisted into our election process,” District 2 Supervisor Hildy Angius said, according to Arizona Public Media.

Ron Gould, chairman of the Mohave County Board of Supervisors, also said that he was voting to certify “under duress.”

“I found out today that I have no choice but to vote aye, or I’ll be arrested and charged with a felony. I don’t think that that is what our founders had in mind when they chose a democratic process to elect their leaders, or our form of self-government and I find that very disheartening,” Gould said.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/11/29/arizona-official-certifies-election-under-duress-says-hes-under-threat-of-arrest-if-he-doesnt-comply-1312883/

Cyber Liberty:
Ron Gould is a stand-up guy.  I might be a bit biased because I know him personally.

Right_in_Virginia:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on November 29, 2022, 09:15:51 pm ---Ron Gould is a stand-up guy.  I might be a bit biased because I know him personally.

--- End quote ---

What's the felony @Cyber Liberty  Woudn't/shouldn't not certifying an election in question be his duty?

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on November 29, 2022, 09:21:13 pm ---What's the felony @Cyber Liberty  Woudn't/shouldn't not certifying an election in question be his duty?

--- End quote ---

If the Board votes against Certification, like in Cochise County, it's a class 6 Felony.  I don't know what he law he'd have been charged under.  We'll find out soon, though because Hobbes just filed a suit against those Supers.

It's pretty strange the State can drop a Felony charge on somebody who is doing their duty for their Citizens.  If he's "legally required" to vote "Aye," then why does he have to vote in the first place?

A question of logic I can't get my head around.  I do know from knowing Ron and my local Supervisor (Angius) that it's a real concern of theirs.

EdinVA:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on November 29, 2022, 09:36:12 pm ---If the Board votes against Certification, like in Cochise County, it's a class 6 Felony.  I don't know what he law he'd have been charged under.  We'll find out soon, though because Hobbes just filed a suit against those Supers.

It's pretty strange the State can drop a Felony charge on somebody who is doing their duty for their Citizens.  If he's "legally required" to vote "Aye," then why does he have to vote in the first place?

A question of logic I can't get my head around.  I do know from knowing Ron and my local Supervisor (Angius) that it's a real concern of theirs.

--- End quote ---

Fight it... could be an interesting trial..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version