Author Topic: White House Laughs Off Kevin McCarthy’s Invitation to Joe Biden to Visit Southern Border  (Read 268 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Laughs Off Kevin McCarthy’s Invitation to Joe Biden to Visit Southern Border

Charlie Spiering 30 Nov 2022

The White House on Wednesday laughed off an invitation by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy to visit the Southern border.

McCarthy told reporters on Tuesday after meeting the president that he invited him to come and see the effects of his disastrous open border policies for himself.

When reporters asked White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre for Biden’s reaction to the invitation, she only laughed.

“Look, he’s been there, he’s been to the border,” Jean-Pierre said.

But Biden has not actually visited the southern border, despite his claim.

“I’ve been there before and I haven’t — I mean, I know it well. I guess I should go down,” he said during a town hall meeting with CNN in October 2021.

He added that “I haven’t had a whole hell of lot of time to get down” to the border.

The only instance the president has been near the border was during a campaign trip on October 17, 2008, where he drove by a border area on his way to a rally in Mesilla, N.M. but did not stop, according to The Washington Post.

Jean-Pierre repeated that Biden was working to secure the border and referred to Biden’s widespread amnesty immigration reform legislation.

“We’re not seeing a willingness to work with us on fixing a situation that’s been around for decades now,” she said.

Jean-Pierre dismissed McCarthy’s action as a “political stunt” and did not respond to the invitation.

The White House has repeatedly struggled to respond to calls for the president to visit the border.
“What percentage of the public is focused on the border?” White House press secretary Jen Psaki asked in 2021 when she was still press secretary. “A much smaller percentage than who’s focused on the pandemic and the economy. So that may be maddening, but, you know, that’s what we try to do.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/30/white-house-laughs-off-kevin-mccarthys-invitation-to-joe-biden-to-visit-southern-border/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 November 30, 2022 4:49pm EST
White House claims President Biden has been to the border despite no record of any visit
Biden drove past the border near El Paso, Texas on the campaign trail in 2008

By Bradford Betz | Fox News

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Wednesday insisted that President Biden has been to the U.S.-Mexico border, despite no record of him having been there – even as Vice President. 

The comments came in response to an inquiry from Fox

"We know the president’s never been down to the border. The possible next speaker says that he wants [Biden] to go with him. So, is he going to?" Doocy asked. 

"He’s been there. He’s been to the border. And since he took office…," Jean-Pierre responded before Doocy interjected: "When did he go to the border?" 

Jean-Pierre evaded the question and instead blamed Republicans for their supposed unwillingness to work with the president on fixing immigration and securing the border. 

"They’re doing political stunts. That’s what they want to do. That’s how they want to take care of the situation," Jean-Pierre said. 

President Biden has not visited the southern border nearly two years into his presidency as the country wrestles with an unprecedented border crisis. Nor did he visit the border while as vice president.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-claims-president-biden-has-been-border-despite-no-record-any-visit
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The closest Brandon has ever been to the border is when his motocade drove by a Taco Bell.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Woke Leftists think they can just mock and laugh and they are just so too cool for school.

They really look like clowns here.
The Republic is lost.