Author Topic: GOP rep says there are 20 firm ‘no’ votes against McCarthy as Speaker  (Read 637 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 GOP rep says there are 20 firm ‘no’ votes against McCarthy as Speaker
by Jared Gans - 11/29/22 11:11 AM ET

Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) said 20 members of the House Republican Conference are “pretty hard no” votes against House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) becoming Speaker next session. 

Biggs said in an interview on the podcast Conservative Review with Daniel Horowitz that those who plan to not vote for McCarthy are not all from the House Freedom Caucus, the most conservative group in the body. 

Biggs, a former chair of the Freedom Caucus, ran against McCarthy to be the GOP’s nominee for the speakership earlier this month. McCarthy won the vote, 188 to 31, with five representatives voting for neither. 

But McCarthy needs to win 218 votes on Jan. 3, the first day of the next session of Congress, to become Speaker, and Republicans are set to hold only a narrow majority, meaning he cannot afford to lose many votes. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3754389-gop-rep-says-there-are-20-firm-no-votes-against-mccarthy-as-speaker/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Part of me says tough crap. Problem is I don't trust him to keep his promises on any deals made for votes.

He's going to have to dig himself out of his hole.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

Part of me says tough crap. Problem is I don't trust him to keep his promises on any deals made for votes.

That is the root of the problem.

I don't see any benefit in continuing the practice of voting for the GOPe appointed guy because that's the best we can do. The base of the Pub party is not represented by the globalist GOPe. If the Pubs won't rally around an America First conservative then let the Rats take the Speakership. It's not like the Pubs will get anything done with a Rat and Rhino controlled Senate, a radical bumbling leftist POTUS and corrupt DOJ.

Give us a Speaker that is a solid conservative, or step out of the way. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

He will find as many "moderate" democrats as he needs and that will be that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

He will find as many "moderate" democrats as he needs and that will be that.

If he does that what's the point in having a Pub party?

Offline rustynail

Someone has to 'reach across the aisle'.

Offline bilo

Someone has to 'reach across the aisle'.

Like they just did in the Senate making it illegal for anyone to not provide their goods or services for a homosexual "marriage"?

If the Pubs won't fight for us get those that will to leave the Pub party. So what if we don't have a majority it's not like having one changes much of anything.

Offline libertybele

Like they just did in the Senate making it illegal for anyone to not provide their goods or services for a homosexual "marriage"?

If the Pubs won't fight for us get those that will to leave the Pub party. So what if we don't have a majority it's not like having one changes much of anything.

The GOP had a super majority for years and sat on their behinds and did absolutely nothing!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:shrug:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

In the next few years at this rate the American flag will be changed to a rainbow version with the GOPe waving it as hard as they can virtue signal.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....