Author Topic: Ukrainian-born man pleads to $7.9 million in immigration fraud  (Read 220 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ukrainian-born man pleads to $7.9 million in immigration fraud
« on: December 01, 2022, 03:52:59 pm »
Ukrainian-born man pleads to $7.9 million in immigration fraud

By David North on November 30, 2022

While we are all rooting for Ukraine, some individuals from that country do not warrant even a single cheer. Case in point: Oleksandr Morgunov, a resident of Key West and one-time illegal alien, who has just pleaded guilty to cheating IRS – and our Social Security and Medicare programs – of $7.9 million dollars.

How did he do that? As the reader might expect, he did it with others (also with Ukrainian names) by running a group of labor broker agencies that supplied illegal-alien workers to “hotels, bars and restaurants” over a period of five years, according to a Law360 article.

Two other people with Ukrainian names were indicted as well, and others have returned to Ukraine rather than face federal charges. Morgunov was on his way to Ukraine when he was arrested in a Dutch airport on a U.S. warrant; he subsequently was returned to the U.S.

Three aspects of the case are intriguing, none of which were mentioned in the Law360 reporting:

https://cis.org/North/Ukrainianborn-man-pleads-79-million-immigration-fraud
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Ukrainian-born man pleads to $7.9 million in immigration fraud
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 03:54:58 pm »
Just because this poor migrant bilked the American taxpayer for almost $8 million is no reason to arrest him for trying to scratch out a living. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson