Author Topic: ‘Greenhushing’ Joins Greenwashing (woke firms in legal peril?)  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Greenhushing’ Joins Greenwashing (woke firms in legal peril?)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- November 28, 2022

“Fear among corporate firms of being called out on misleading and or exaggerated environmental and sustainability claims is growing as regulators clamp down and hold companies to account over greenwashing.”

“… some firms are choosing not to talk about their green targets, climate researchers say…. Fear of litigation may be also deterring some companies from talking about their climate targets altogether.”

– Anastasia Molone, “Is Green-hushing the New Greenwashing?” (below)

Face it: There are just not that many who buy into climate alarmism, even those at firms pressured by activist bullies. Sure, it is politically correct grist during the workday. But off the clock, in one’s heart-of-hearts, climate fear is a political issue, not an “existential threat to humanity,” as Joe Biden’s teleprompter says.

Woke businesses, the virtue signalers, have created a problem for themselves. By just going along, and pretending to buy into the alarmist narrative, they have not appeased their enemies but made promises and raised expectations. They greenwashed. And now that energy reality has hit (energy density rules, as in fossil fuel reliance), the firms are quietly backtracking or trying to find a middle way (Shell’s ‘rational middle’ campaign).

https://www.masterresource.org/greenwashing-2/green-hushing/

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson