Author Topic: Exclusive — Conservatives Warn of ‘Doomsday Scenario’ if McCarthy Fails in Speaker Race Where Democr  (Read 499 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive — Conservatives Warn of ‘Doomsday Scenario’ if McCarthy Fails in Speaker Race Where Democrats Neuter GOP Power

Matthew Boyle 28 Nov 2022 Washington, DC

Several top conservatives are warning that if House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy, the Republican nominee for Speaker of the House, does not win the speakership election on the floor of the House on Jan. 3, 2023, a “doomsday scenario” could emerge where Democrats undercut GOP power.

In such a scenario, concerns are rising that so-called moderate—or establishment Republicans—are willing to band together to make a deal with the Democrats to elect a moderate Republican as speaker with Democrat votes in exchange for a House rules change that hands the incoming Democrat minority significant power over how subpoenas can be issued.

Conservatives ranging from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) to Congresswoman-elect Harriet Hageman–who defeated outgoing Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) in the primary in Wyoming–are urging everyone to get behind McCarthy or risk this possible fate where Democrats seize back some power from the minority.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/28/exclusive-conservatives-warn-of-doomsday-scenario-if-mccarthy-fails-in-speaker-race-where-democrats-neuter-gop-power/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
More perfidy from the GOPe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Interesting that Greene is backing McCarthy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A Vote for a jelly fish is how the GOP rolls.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

More perfidy from the GOPe.

All you can do is up the ante and see who blinks first.

And as I have been saying all along, it's the RINOs that are the most direct enemy, not the democrats... This is just proving it again.

Offline libertybele

And as I have been saying all along, it's the RINOs that are the most direct enemy, not the democrats... This is just proving it again.

Indeed. The GOPe is the worst enemy that we have; led by McConnell in the Senate and looks like McCarthy in the House.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Indeed. The GOPe is the worst enemy that we have; led by McConnell in the Senate and looks like McCarthy in the House.

The only thing to do is to stand a conservative candidate beside him and take your lumps... but make sure the vote is public.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

:beer: :yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

The GOPe has been undercutting the MAGA Pubs from day one. Why vote for a Speaker who is one of them. Lets have it out! If the Rats back the GOPe candidate lets see who votes for that person.

We no longer have honest elections in this country and the GOPe had a hand in this. Why associate with them?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Freaking House GOP drama queens.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline cato potatoe

The holdouts are playing with fire, unless there is an alternate who will not require democrats to reach 218.