Author Topic: How close were House races? A few thousands votes could have swung control  (Read 603 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How close were House races? A few thousands votes could have swung control
by Julia Mueller - 11/28/22 5:32 PM ET

Republicans retook the House majority in the midterms, but just a few thousands votes in five races could have swung the outcome in favor of Democrats.

In the days after the election, Democrats still had an outside chance to eke out a House win — but Republicans last week narrowly crossed the 218-vote threshold to take House control.

The GOP appears on track to win 222 seats in the 435-seat chamber, meaning Democrats came just five seats short of the majority.

TargetSmart’s Tom Bonier calculated Sunday that Democrats could have held the House if just 3,340 Republican voters instead cast their ballots for Democrats in the five closest House races won by Republicans.

Republicans won in those districts by just over 7,000 votes combined, according to the latest tallies — meaning that Democrats could also have won by mobilizing a few thousand more voters in those elections.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3753349-how-close-were-house-races-a-few-thousands-votes-could-have-swung-control/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Or printing a few thousand more ballots...

Or double counting a few thousand...

I don't know about anyone else here, but where I live the vote is NOT that evenly split.

Granted, my circle of acquaintances is relatively small, but those I talk with aren't evenly split, either.

My results may not be representative of the rest of the country, but from the first polls we are told that the ratio of sane to insane people is set close, but from the people I speak with, that's just wrong. It is nowhere close.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Or printing a few thousand more ballots...

Or double counting a few thousand...

I don't know about anyone else here, but where I live the vote is NOT that evenly split.

Granted, my circle of acquaintances is relatively small, but those I talk with aren't evenly split, either.

My results may not be representative of the rest of the country, but from the first polls we are told that the ratio of sane to insane people is set close, but from the people I speak with, that's just wrong. It is nowhere close.

Same here. The area that I live in is heavily Republican and very troubled with how the mid terms went down in other parts of the country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

City vs Rural. I can count the democrats I know on one hand. But cities are the other way around, and hold the cards in population.

This ain't no different than what Chicago did to Illinois long years ago. Rural states are beginning to be overpowered by their cities.

And that will continue to be a problem.