Author Topic: Congress Faces Tight Deadline to Pass Spending Bill, Defense Authorization in Lame-Duck Session  (Read 286 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Congress Faces Tight Deadline to Pass Spending Bill, Defense Authorization in Lame-Duck Session

Sean Moran 28 Nov 2022

Congress has a jam-packed legislative calendar as it aims to pass a spending bill and a defense authorization bill before the new congressional term.

The current stop-gap spending bill, otherwise known as a continuing resolution (CR), will expire on December 16. Reports suggest that Democrat leaders are discussing a one-week extension of the CR to give lawmakers more time to negotiate a long-term spending bill deal.

Congressional leaders could either decide to pass a longer-term spending bill that would fund the government into 2023, or they could attempt to pass a full omnibus spending bill, even though that will come with significant hurdles.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has historically avoided the threat of government shutdowns, and Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL), the retiring Senate GOP appropriations leader, would likely want to put his imprint on a government spending bill one more time.

Reports have suggested that Congress may attempt to include as much as $37.7 billion in aid military, economic, and humanitarian aid to Ukraine. However, many House conservatives have vowed to audit more aid for Ukraine. Some Democrats and Republicans have proposed legislation to scrutinize billions of dollars in aid to Ukraine.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/28/congress-faces-tight-deadline-pass-spending-bill-defense-authorization-lame-duck-session/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:20:54 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Shut it down and leave it down!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I bet $2 on "Continuing Resolution" to win.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online rustynail

Republicans To The Rescue!

Online libertybele

Democrats racing to try and secure year-long budget deal before Republicans take control of the House

Congressional Democrats are racing to secure a year-long budget deal before Republicans take control of the House of Representatives in January.

Democrats want a budget deal that would keep the government funded from Dec. 16, when current funding terminates, until the fall of 2023. The move would allow President Joe Biden's administration to fund pet initiatives while blocking the Republican House from exerting its influence immediately.

"Government funding should rise above politics when the well-being of our troops and our national defense is on the line," said Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., Monday on the Senate floor, noting the geopolitical threats posed by Russia and China.

House Republicans take a different view. Some argue that since they won control of the chamber in the midterm elections, Congress should enact a short-term funding bill until January. The move would force Biden and Democrats, who narrowly retained control of the Senate in the midterms, to grant House Republicans concessions in exchange for passing a budget..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-racing-try-secure-year-long-budget-deal-before-republicans-take-control-house
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.