Author Topic: Advice for Climate Worriers  (Read 235 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Advice for Climate Worriers
« on: November 28, 2022, 01:24:31 pm »
 Advice for Climate Worriers

Those who promulgate the climate catastrophe narrative are more dangerous than climate change

POSTED ON 24 NOV 22
BY JITIN ALARMISM, NET ZERO, UNCATEGORIZED, UNIVERSITIES

Climate anxiety is never far from the news these days. It is on its face absurd, and wicked too. Those who foster these feelings in our young folk have a lot to answer for. That includes anyone who uses the term “climate crisis” in public without irony. To such people: you are more of a problem for our young people than climate change is. Shut the front door, would you?

As pointed out by Mark in Open Mic, the university which I once attended has instated a course intended to address this “climate anxiety” in its students. [Reported in the Telegraph, and in the Eastern Evening News (both on Halloween).] This is not a useless endeavour, since “climate anxiety” is a real phenomenon, fed by those babbling fools who promote the “climate crisis.” Nevertheless, the approach they take to answering the anxiety is wrong, because it accepts that the anxiety has a real grounding.

UEA post-graduate student Azza Dirar, who helped design the mindfulness and active hope course, said: “The focus is not on the overwhelming bleak evidence of climate change and environmental degradation, but rather on how we can act with courage and wisdom during a time of looming ecological and societal collapse.”

A better approach would be to lay off the “looming collapse” sauce and actually try to put today’s environmental changes into some sort of perspective.

https://cliscep.com/2022/11/24/advice-for-climate-worriers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline aligncare

Re: Advice for Climate Worriers
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 02:33:22 pm »
Yep. Been having to use this  ***hair on fire

too often these days.

I really don’t think the author’s advice is all that helpful, though.