Author Topic: Will Biden award the Medal of Freedom to burn pit activists?  (Read 220 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will Biden award the Medal of Freedom to burn pit activists?
« on: November 28, 2022, 12:22:54 pm »
Will Biden award the Medal of Freedom to burn pit activists?
By Leo Shane III
 Friday, Nov 11

A prominent senator has joined numerous veterans advocates in their push to get the Presidential Medal of Freedom awarded to key figures in last summer’s fight for expanded benefits for victims of burn pit smoke and other military toxic exposure incidents.

In a letter to the White House on the eve of Veterans Day, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., asked President Joe Biden to consider granting the nation’s top civilian honor to Burn Pits 360 founders Le Roy Torres and Rosie Torres, as well as entertainer Jon Stewart and activist John Feal.

“Because of [their] tireless work, millions of American veterans and service members are eligible for life-saving care for injuries that occurred as a result of their service and sacrifice,” she said. “Because of them, millions of Americans may have more precious time on this Earth with their loved ones.

“They have shown how a small group of like-minded and passionate citizens can overcome any obstacle to transform millions of lives for the better, demonstrating the power of possibility that can only exist in the United States.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/burn-pits/2022/11/11/will-biden-award-the-medal-of-freedom-to-burn-pit-activists/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 12:23:49 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Will Biden award the Medal of Freedom to burn pit activists?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 12:26:55 pm »
The military is starting to look like more of a threat to Americans than our enemies with toxic water, toxic air, lack of good medical care, troops living below the poverty level, etc. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson