Author Topic: Pilot safe after landing gear fails in T-38C training jet mishap  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pilot safe after landing gear fails in T-38C training jet mishap
« on: November 28, 2022, 12:01:25 pm »
Pilot safe after landing gear fails in T-38C training jet mishap
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Wednesday, Nov 23

An Air Force training jet recently made an emergency belly landing at a pilot training unit in Mississippi, marking the squadron’s second jet mishap in as many weeks.

The T-38C Talon’s landing gear malfunctioned in flight around 10:45 a.m. local time on Nov. 18, forcing its pilot to touch down with the wheels up at Columbus Air Force Base.

The unnamed pilot landed safely, Columbus said in a statement the same day. Air Force officials are investigating why the landing gear failed.

Air Force officials have not disclosed whether two pilots were flying in the two-seat trainer at the time, or how extensively the plane was damaged.

This is the T-38C’s third landing gear-related accident since fiscal 2012, according to safety data obtained by Air Force Times.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/11/23/pilot-safe-after-landing-gear-fails-in-t-38c-training-jet-mishap/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson