Author Topic: Arizona Political Websites & News Sources  (Read 757 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Arizona Political Websites & News Sources
« on: November 28, 2022, 12:37:49 am »
As I have been working on learning resources that cover the state, I've decided to share what I see. 

I don't care about the sources as much as I care about the content.  For some reason, there are people who believe that all left wing sites lie and all right wing sites tell only the truth. 

We'll see.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Arizona Political Websites & News Sources
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 12:45:29 am »
I found the Copper Courier just through a search and started looking through it's stuff.

Didn't take long to get suspicious.

First set of articles included:

https://coppercourier.com/story/mass-shooting-at-gay-nightclub-in-colorado-follows-surge-of-right-wing-rhetoric-and-threats-targeting-lgbtq-community/

Mass Shooting at Gay Nightclub in Colorado Follows Surge of Right-Wing Rhetoric and Threats Targeting LGBTQ Community

First, connecting the shooting and so-called surge is garbage.  The implication of the thread title is that they are connected (i.e. one resulted in the other) which can't be established at all.  Second, what they call rhetoric needs to be examined.

Very bad "reporting" if you ask me.

This was real scientific:

GLAAD President and CEO Kate Ellis also spoke out against these efforts saying that “you can draw a straight line from the false and vile rhetoric about LGBTQ people spread by extremists and amplified across social media, to the nearly 300 anti-LGBTQ bills introduced this year, to the dozens of attacks on our community like this one.”

I know she meant to include the data an analysis she used to make this conclusion, but it somehow didn't make the article.

I am not sympathetic to idiots like Boebert and her over-the-top yappings.  But, at the same time, this community is leveraging all it can to get an upper hand in something. 

BTW: Does anyone know of a "straight" bar ?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 12:48:23 am by HikerGuy83 »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 12:53:31 am »
The Copper Courier again.....

https://coppercourier.com/story/latinos-and-young-people-voted-blue-to-save-democracy-in-arizona/

Latinos and Young People Voted Blue to Save Democracy in Arizona

Now.....it's funny that anyone needed to "save democracy" in Arizona or anywhere else.  The article title is a fail.  The introductory paragraph is also a fail:

There’s a lot of speculation about why the so-called “red wave” didn’t come to fruition in the 2022 midterm elections. But, with Arizonans reelecting Mark Kelly and keeping the US Senate under Democratic control, flipping three governor’s seats from Republican to Democrat, and MAGA candidates losing their elections en masse, the consensus was clear: voters do not want Trump-endorsed election deniers to dictate their lives.

Araceli Cruz, the person who wrote the article clearly doesn't know how to read facts. 

First, there is fail in the opening paragraph.  Hobbs "won" by less than 20,000 votes or less than 1/2 percent.  That is no consensus.  That is simply propaganda.

Next, she quotes how young people made the difference.  Clearly any change in ANY group might have swung the election the other way.  And young people generally vote pretty strong to the left.  That is a known fact.  So, there is nothing special here.

The article does present some interesting statistics, all in favor of a bogus claim.  But the statistics themselves are worth looking at as the GOP works to broaden it's base.  It needs work harder in certain areas to get more younger and Latino voters.  It is making inroads with Latinos (it did under Trump and that has continued....there are statistics to verify that).

But the bottom line is that this article is B.S. in it's claims. 

And the same person who wrote this one wrote the first one about the LGBT "issue".

Seems she's not much of an honest writer.

We'll keep an eye on this one.

So far.....not looking so good.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 01:01:06 am by HikerGuy83 »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 01:41:37 am »
Blog For Arizona

Well, the first thing that pops up is that there is a donkey's head in the middle of the banner at the top of the page.

Red flag number 1.

Here is the last post:

Epic Media Failure To Inform Voters About Tom Horne, One Of The Most Vile Politicians In Arizona

Hmmmm.  No prejudice there.

The article attacks Horne (who I know nothing about), the media, and the AZ Republic (in particular).

Why he was vile, it really didn't say.......

And the article author is: well...anonymous....goes by the name of AZ Blue Meanie

About the Author: AZ BlueMeanie

The Blue Meanie is an Arizona citizen who wishes, for professional reasons, to remain anonymous when blogging about politics. Armed with a deep knowledge of the law, politics and public policy, as well as pen filled with all the colors stolen from Pepperland, the Blue Meanie’s mission is to pursue and prosecute the hypocrites, liars, and fools of politics and the media – which, in practical terms, is nearly all of them. Don’t even try to unmask him or he’ll seal you in a music-proof bubble and rendition you to Pepperland for a good face-stomping.

Then at the bottom they ask for donations saying:

Please support independent journalism on Blog for Arizona!

That was journalism ?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 01:42:36 am »
Blog For Arizona

Well, the first thing that pops up is that there is a donkey's head in the middle of the banner at the top of the page.

Red flag #1.

Here is the last post:

Epic Media Failure To Inform Voters About Tom Horne, One Of The Most Vile Politicians In Arizona

Hmmmm.  No prejudice there.

Red Flag #2

Article Author: Not named

Red Flag #3

The article attacks Horne (who I know nothing about), the media, and the AZ Republic (in particular).

Why he was vile, it really didn't say.......

And the article author is: well...anonymous....goes by the name of AZ Blue Meanie

About the Author: AZ BlueMeanie

The Blue Meanie is an Arizona citizen who wishes, for professional reasons, to remain anonymous when blogging about politics. Armed with a deep knowledge of the law, politics and public policy, as well as pen filled with all the colors stolen from Pepperland, the Blue Meanie’s mission is to pursue and prosecute the hypocrites, liars, and fools of politics and the media – which, in practical terms, is nearly all of them. Don’t even try to unmask him or he’ll seal you in a music-proof bubble and rendition you to Pepperland for a good face-stomping.

Then at the bottom they ask for donations saying:

Please support independent journalism on Blog for Arizona!

That was journalism ?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 02:06:47 am »
American Freedom by Barbara

Barbara is a blogger from Scottsdale. 

Her last entry was September 5th....if  I am reading things correctly. 

She says she is non-partisan....remains to be seen.

I'll look at more of this later.

Not as clear cut.