Author Topic: Will Trump have to run against a crowded field of Republicans in 2024?  (Read 421 times)

Online libertybele

Will Trump have to run against a crowded field of Republicans in 2024?

The question: Who is running for the Republican nomination for president?

Just about everyone!

A whole lot of would-be presidents–some plausible, some not–are making noises about challenging Donald Trump. Some will wind up not running. But for others, the waters seem just fine for jumping in.

While the media are virtually united in saying Trump can’t win a general election, they are also awash in speculation about his running mate. Kari Lake, who narrowly lost her race for Arizona governor, went to Mar-a-Lago and is widely touted as a possible ticket-mate. The former anchor is telegenic and is all in on Trump’s "rigged election" crusade, as any VP pick would have to be. (Lake just released a video saying she’s challenging her loss, by 20,000 votes, and strongly implying that fraud was involved.)

One obvious impact of a multi-candidate GOP field is that they would split the anti-Trump vote, allowing the former president an easy win with a plurality. From the point of view of those who want to stop him, a one-on-one with Ron DeSantis would be far preferable.

But try telling that to a bunch of ambitious politicians who see a path to the Oval Office.

National Review (which is fundraising off Trump’s desire for its demise) has a tough piece on the potential free-for-fall:

"Were you longing for those debate nights when the field was split into two groups of ten or more candidates making their cases for national leadership in 90 seconds or less? Well, that may be coming again. Every new entrant lowers the bar for others."

The biggest names who aren’t governor of Florida include Mike Pompeo, Nikki Haley, Mike Pence and Chris Christie. The first three were part of Trump’s administration and would have some ’splainin’ to do......................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/will-trump-have-run-against-crowded-field-republicans-2024
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Will Trump have to run against a crowded field of Republicans in 2024?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 11:45:23 pm »
Nope! Next question.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 11:48:08 pm »
Mike Pompeo, Nikki Haley, Mike Pence and Chris Christie
I believe every one of these will start a campaign. Christie, I trust, will fail most miserably.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 11:53:06 pm »
I believe every one of these will start a campaign. Christie, I trust, will fail most miserably.

I do not believe Mike Pompeo, the other three are wasting their time IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 12:01:05 am »
Most of the people with presidential campaigns are wasting time - their own and everyone else's (Amy Klobuchar, really?).  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org