Author Topic: Republicans, ahead of House takeover, look to zero in on Biden admin's handling of border crisis  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Republicans, ahead of House takeover, look to zero in on Biden admin's handling of border crisis

GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy threatened to launch an impeachment inquiry this week
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw | Fox News

National correspondent Bill Melugin and National Border Patrol Council president Brandon Judd explain how border officials are reacting to a surge in migrants on 'Your World.'

House Republicans, who are just weeks away from taking control of the House of Representatives, are already indicating that border security and illegal immigration will be among the issues top of their agenda when they take the gavel early next year.

Republican gains in the recent midterm elections have handed the GOP control of the House, although the Senate will remain in Democratic hands. Within days of House control being confirmed, Republicans have already made it clear that the ongoing crisis at the border will be a priority.

That was highlighted this week when GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy led a delegation to the southern border -- and called on Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas to either resign or face a potential impeachment inquiry next year.

"He cannot and must not remain in that position," McCarthy said. "If Secretary Mayorkas does not resign, House Republicans will investigate every order, every action and every failure to determine whether we can begin an impeachment inquiry."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-ahead-house-takeover-look-zero-biden-admins-handling-border-crisis
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If McCarthy doesn't set up investigations EXACTLY as Nazi Pelosi did, he's missing a golden opportunity to expose the corruption of the Trump "investigations."
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There is ... essentially... nothing they can do about it.
NOTHING.