Author Topic: Furious NYCHA president: ‘NYC shells out millions for migrants, but won’t help us’  (Read 220 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Furious NYCHA president: ‘NYC shells out millions for migrants, but won’t help us’
By Isabel Vincent
November 23, 2022 5:31pm  Updated

New York will shell out hundreds of millions to migrants who have descended on the city since crossing the US-Mexico border — and Daniel Barber, for one, is disgusted.

Barber, 53, who represents New York City Housing Authority’s 339,000 tenants, said, “The city is going to put forth a ton of money for these people who aren’t even citizens, but they forgot about the people who live in public housing right here.”

Last week, the Independent Budget Office projected the city will spend at least $596 million a year to provide shelter, education, health care and legal aid to more than 17,000 asylum seekers after Texas Governor Greg Abbott began busing them in from Texas this summer.

In fiscal 2021, NYCHA doled out $773,700 to “support various tenant-based initiatives,” according to the city. NYCHA is the largest public housing administration in North America, with $4.2 billion in expenditures this year, the City Council’s Finance Division Report states.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/23/nycha-president-city-pays-millions-for-migrants-but-wont-help-us/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 06:26:22 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Barber, 53, who represents New York City Housing Authority’s 339,000 tenants, said, “The city is going to put forth a ton of money for these people who aren’t even citizens, but they forgot about the people who live in public housing right here.”

Time to learn about where you (and the rest of those you represent) stand in the pecking order, Mr. Barber.

Hint:
It ain't very far up.