Author Topic: Christian ministry forced to hire NON-Christians? We now have answer  (Read 285 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Christian ministry forced to hire NON-Christians? We now have answer
'Like-minded employees who share the mission's purpose are essential'
Bob Unruh   By Bob Unruh
Published November 27, 2022 at 11:12am

A longtime Christian ministry in Wyoming that the government had ordered to hire non-Christians for positions teaching the Christian faith has won a court battle over its employment requirements.

According to officials with the Alliance Defending Freedom, the Wyoming Rescue Mission last year served nearly 61,000 free meals to the public, provided 41,000 beds for men, women and children, enrolled 92 Discipleship Recovery Program participants and handed out 1,200 thrift store vouchers worth nearly $40,000.

But government bureaucrats claimed that the mission likely violated the Wyoming Fair Employment Practices Act of 1965 and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for refusing to hire an applicant who openly rejected Christian ideals.

The mission had made that decision because the open position, a thrift store associate, is "a role that is expected to teach the mission's Discipleship Recovery Program guests how to spread the gospel, model Christ, and disciple one another."

The mission endured a 16-month investigation after the failed applicant filed a complaint alleging discrimination. A lawsuit then followed to protect the mission's religious rights.

https://www.wnd.com/2022/11/christian-ministry-forced-hire-non-christians-now-answer/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Christian ministry forced to hire NON-Christians? We now have answer
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 05:49:27 pm »
It has the earmarks of a Soros scam from one of the prosecutors he owns. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Christian ministry forced to hire NON-Christians? We now have answer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 06:18:11 pm »
Companies have Mission Statements, Codes of Conduct, Corporate Values, and other kinds of documents where they basically say 'If you don't believe in what we're doing, don't like the way we do things, and don't want to follow our rules - GTHO.'

I don't see why any religious organization, under the 14th Amendment, should be treated differently.
The Republic is lost.