Author Topic: Thanks, Wall Street Journal, for Reporting on the Quiet Western Wildfire Season  (Read 180 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thanks, Wall Street Journal, for Reporting on the Quiet Western Wildfire Season
By Linnea Lueken -November 23, 20220

A recent article in the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) describes 2022’s wildfire season as relatively quiet, attributing a decrease in fires to an increase in rainfall, cooler temperatures, and the efforts of firefighting organizations.

The article, “Wildfire Season in U.S. West Ends With Fewer Blazes, Less Damage,” explains that this year has had fewer serious fires than years past.

Jim Carlton, writer at WSJ, writes:

One of the slowest wildfire seasons in years has come to an end in the West thanks to well-timed rain and cooler temperatures, bringing a reprieve to a region hit by numerous destructive blazes over the past several years.

The break is giving firefighters an opportunity to focus on prevention efforts such as thinning forests that could lessen damage from wildfires in the future, according to officials.

https://climaterealism.com/2022/11/thanks-wall-street-journal-for-reporting-on-the-quiet-western-wildfire-season/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson