Author Topic: Army tests blood delivery drones, applying lessons from war in Afghanistan  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army tests blood delivery drones, applying lessons from war in Afghanistan
IN AFGHANISTAN, SOUTH EAST ASIA / BY ADMIN /
ON NOVEMBER 25, 2022 AT 12:18 PM /

Army drones are dropping packages of simulated blood over the Mojave Desert in an effort to find better ways to rush medical supplies to wounded troops as quickly as possible.

In recent months, soldiers at Fort Irwin, Calif., have practiced gathering the drone cargo after the supplies drift to the ground, attached to small, orange-and-white parachutes.

Lessons from two decades of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, scenes from Ukraine and fears of future conflicts with countries such as China are driving the efforts, researchers told Stars and Stripes.

“The need is pretty clear: making sure that whole blood is accessible to forward medics,” said Nathan Fisher, chief of medical robots and autonomous systems at the Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center, at Fort Detrick, Md.

https://www.tech-consultingstudies.eu/2022/11/25/army-tests-blood-delivery-drones-applying-lesson-from-war-in-afghanistan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson