Author Topic: Dr Jay Bhattacharya Met With Elon Musk To Discover Why Twitter Banned His Account During Covid Pande  (Read 298 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Overtimer 12/12/2022

Dr Jay Bhattacharya Met With Elon Musk To Discover Why Twitter Banned His Account During Covid Pandemic

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya is a Stanford professor that had somewhat of a controversial approach to the Covid 19 pandemic and to the ways used to stop the virus from spreading. Now, he met with Elon Musk to talk about what caused his ban and which of his statements is the one that essentially led Twitter to ban him.

To clear this out, we are speaking about a Stanford professor that has been studying epidemiology throughout his whole life. When knowing the profile of Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, there is no doubt that you’d take what he says for granted. After all, viruses and pandemics are in his field of study.

Dr Jay Bhattacharya Met With Elon Musk To Discover Why Twitter Banned His Account During Covid Pandemic

However, someone at Twitter thought that muting him would be the right thing to do. In times when the world didn’t know how to cope with the situation, in times when every professional opinion should have been valued, someone decided to suppress Dr. Jay.

Twitter banned Dr. Jay because he claimed that Covid lockdowns have a negative effect on society. He claimed that for the most, lockdowns have a very harmful and negative effect on children.

11th of December, Elon Musk invited Dr. Jay to Twitter headquarters to discuss the reason behind his banning. After all, Elon Musk advertised that he wants to establish a new ‘version’ of Twitter that will be more open to the people, and more transparent in regard to the decisions that the company makes. He called this Twitter 2.0.

“Twitter 1.0 placed me on the blacklist on the first day I joined in August 2021.” – professor Jay Bhattacharya tweeted. “I think it was my pinned tweet linking to the Great Barrington Declaration that triggered the blacklist based on unspecified complaints Twitter received.”

The professor is a strong opposer to the way the Covid 19 pandemic was administered by governments all over the world. As such, he took part as a co-author to a letter he sent to the Great Barrington Declaration, stating that the lockdowns are damaging to the public, especially to the children.

More: https://theovertimer.com/2022/12/dr-jay-bhattacharya-met-with-elon-musk-to-discover-why-twitter-banned-his-account-during-covid-pandemic/