Author Topic: Strange World,' Disney's $180 million movie featuring a gay teen romance, flops at box office and is  (Read 484 times)

Online libertybele

I'm glad it was a flop.  $180 million spent for wokeness trash.

Strange World,' Disney's $180 million movie featuring a gay teen romance, flops at box office and is lowest-rated House of Mouse flick in 31 years

The Walt Disney Company was expecting big things from their latest animated movie "Strange World," the House of Mouse's first movie to feature an openly gay teen relationship. Disney enlisted high-profile Hollywood celebrities for voice roles, including Jake Gyllenhaal, Gabrielle Union, Lucy Liu, and Dennis Quaid. Disney released "Strange World" during the extended Thanksgiving weekend – when Hollywood launches some of its most anticipated movies. However, early box office results show that "Strange World" is a flop.

"Strange World" made its world premiere on Wednesday, but Disney decided not to release the animated movie in more than 20 countries "where its LGBTQ+ content would have very likely forced demands for edits," according to Deadline.

The movie stars 27-year-old Jaboukie Young-White – who is best known for being a correspondent on "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah." Young-White voices a character named "Jaeger" – a gay 16-year-old who has a "boy crush" on another boy named "Daizo."

Variety described a scene from the Disney movie, "Walt Disney screened three sequences from 'Strange World.' In the first, Ethan flirts with heartthrob Diazo while friends from school look on, teasing in a friendly and warm-hearted way. Much to Ethan’s chagrin, his dad Searcher soon joins in, embarrassing his son with an overeager show of acceptance."

"Strange World" has struggled at the box office since opening this week.

"After a rocky $4.2 million opening day on Wednesday, the film collected $2.4 million from 4,174 North American theaters on Thursday’s Thanksgiving holiday," according to Variety. "With its two-day total at $6.7 million, weekend estimates for 'Strange World' have been revised slightly. Now, the movie is expected to end the five-day frame with roughly $26 million, which is still a dismal result given its $180 million production budget."...........

https://www.theblaze.com/news/strange-world-disney-box-office-ratings

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Jaeger and Daizo? What kind of names are those?
What a piece of garbage.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No biggy, Disney can afford to keep pushing this crap, all they do when they lose money on woke movies is up the gate fee at their parks like they just/are about to(can't recall exactly what my BIL, who has 40 years at Disney said) and morons will beg them to let them pay it and for overpriced food, drink and crappy souvenirs. I don't think bringing Eisner back will help unless he hits the brakes hard on the wokeness and feminization of Marvel and Star Wars.

Online libertybele

No biggy, Disney can afford to keep pushing this crap, all they do when they lose money on woke movies is up the gate fee at their parks like they just/are about to(can't recall exactly what my BIL, who has 40 years at Disney said) and morons will beg them to let them pay it and for overpriced food, drink and crappy souvenirs. I don't think bringing Eisner back will help unless he hits the brakes hard on the wokeness and feminization of Marvel and Star Wars.

The prices at the gate are already ridiculous and I am hoping that the failure of this movie is indicative of a loss of interest in their theme parks. I hope that their push to try and get people to accept this new 'wokeness' will continue to fail.  I'm assuming it's the newer young wokers who the film was directed at.  I'm wondering how many will be able to afford the higher ticket prices??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The prices at the gate are already ridiculous and I am hoping that the failure of this movie is indicative of a loss of interest in their theme parks. I hope that their push to try and get people to accept this new 'wokeness' will continue to fail.  I'm assuming it's the newer young wokers who the film was directed at.  I'm wondering how many will be able to afford the higher ticket prices??
The prices at the gate are not a deterrent to anyone, not poor or wealthy, they just keep forking it over to get in because they are addicted. As far as I'm concerned they have to be addicted to put out insane money to stand in line waiting and for food and beverage, but once you have a captive audience and hungry children :shrug: I could get tickets/passes from my BIL and go at least twice a year for free but I lost any desire to go years ago, even though I would like to see the Halloween and Christmas themed attractions I just can't tolerate the crowds, noise and rudeness. Thankfully my children are long since grown and I receive no pressure to go. Of course I get all the news on construction projects and new attractions from my BIL who can only talk about three subjects, Disney, Disney and Corvairs.