General Category > Economy/Business

U.S. Black Friday online sales hit record $9 bln despite high inflation- Adobe Analytics

(1/3) > >>

libertybele:
U.S. Black Friday online sales hit record $9 bln despite high inflation- Adobe Analytics

U.S. shoppers spent a record $9.12 billion online this Black Friday, a report showed on Saturday, as consumers weathered the squeeze from high inflation and grabbed steep discounts on everything from smartphones to toys.

Online spending rose 2.3% on Black Friday, Adobe Inc's (ADBE.O) data and insights arm Adobe Analytics said, thanks to consumers holding out for discounts until the traditionally big shopping days, despite deals starting as early as October.

Adobe Analytics, which measures e-commerce by analyzing transactions at websites, has access to data covering purchases at 85% of the top 100 internet retailers in the United States..................

https://www.reuters.com/business/retail-consumer/adobe-says-black-friday-online-sales-hit-record-9-bln-2022-11-26/

DB:
Is that 2.3% adjusted for inflation???

If it hasn't then spending is down at least 5%.

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: DB on November 26, 2022, 09:32:35 pm ---Is that 2.3% adjusted for inflation???

If it hasn't then spending is down at least 5%.

--- End quote ---

That was my thought, despite inflation or because of inflation? Of course there will always be those that charge huge debt to their credit cards and give either no thought to the future or with the intention of skipping paying by declaring bankruptcy.

Wingnut:
It was reported lots more online purchase came from CC than debit cards.  Not a good sign.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on November 26, 2022, 09:46:58 pm ---It was reported lots more online purchase came from CC than debit cards.  Not a good sign.

--- End quote ---

Oh I don't know... I seldom use my actual bank account online. Just to pay utilities and the odd Instacart. Better to use something a step or two removed from actual money - A credit card or paypal, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version